Bad

Sophie's POV

The ground underneath my bare feet was cold, sending a shiver down my spine. I was dressed in only one of Scott's shirts, hanging down to my thighs like a dress. I didn't know where I was, it seemed like a cellar of some sort. I heard a loud bang, looking up to see the doors had been blown open by the wind. I slowly walked up the stairs, hearing chains rattle as I stepped onto the dirt.

I turned around to see my father, Scott's mother and Stiles's father all chained up to posts, dried blood on their foreheads. I went to run back down to get their chains off and help them but the wind blew the doors shut again, a padlock sealing it closed.

"Dad! Dad, are you okay?! I'm gonna get you out of here!" I yelled, trying to pull the doors back open with as much strength as I could. "Dad, can you hear me?"

The only response I got back were screams coming from them, making me stumble back from the door. The screams suddenly stopped, almost as if someone had turned a radio off. I felt tears gathering in my eyes, my breath catching in my throat.

"Dad?" I whispered, stepping back as I felt the leaves crunch under my feet.

"Gone." a voice whispered back, belonging to the same man that had haunted my dreams since I was a child. "He'll be gone, they all will. You know it too, don't you little bird? You know exactly what the Nemeton is doing as we speak. You know what's coming."

"What do you want me to do? I can't be what you think I can. I can't be a monster."

"You already are. You tried to kill your friends and you would've done it if you'd let go of that tiny shred of humanity you have left. If you'd let go of the fear you have for me, for us. You let those two girls live, you let Isaac live when you could've ripped them apart then and there."

"You say that as if it's a bad thing. They don't deserve to die, I'm not going to be the one killing anyone." I spat, stepping away from him.

"Don't you get it? You're smart enough to understand exactly what's happening to you. It has been for a while, you started healing faster, you haven't gotten sick, your senses are getting stronger."

"I'm human. That's what I want to be and it's what I will be, even if I have to kill you to do it."

"You can't kill me and you know it. I'm a part of you, I'm the reason you're alive now. Do you really think Derek had enough power to revive three people at once? Do you really think he's the one that brought you back? If I die, you die too and so do your friends. It'd be a pity for Scott to lose his best friend and his girlfriend so suddenly."

I glared at the ground, my jaw clenching as his hand came up to stroke my shoulder, the touch icy cold.

"You're my little pet now. Your life is in my hands and at any moment I want, I can crush you. So you'll do as I say or you can watch every single person you love die in your arms."

As he spoke, the cellar doors blew open again, revealing the bodies of the parents, covered in blood. I screamed, the sound echoing out into the trees.

"Sophie!" a voice yelled, the world beginning to shake.

I opened my eyes to see Stiles stood over me, his hands shaking my shoulders. I blinked quickly to get my eyes to adjust to the new light, my breathing quick and shallow. Stiles stared at me in confusion before taking me into his arms. His hand gently moved my head to his shoulder, his other arm wrapping tightly around me. I sobbed into his shoulder, my hands reaching up to cling to his shirt. His hand stroked my hair, trembling slightly.

"Are the dreams that bad?" he asked quietly, his hand tightening its grip on my waist.

I didn't reply, only squeezing my eyes shut and trying to calm my sobs that only grew louder. He shushed me, gently rocking us back and forth as his brow furrowed.

"Whatever they are, we'll stop them. We'll find a way, okay? We won't let you turn into one of their experiments."

Bryn's POV

"What're you gonna do about her?" I questioned, sitting on the bed next to Derek.

"I should just get rid of her. I should just kill her."

"But you can't. She's part of your pack now, even if you aren't an Alpha anymore." I finished, watching his fingers toy with the ring his sister had left behind.

"I watched her die once. I watched Scott's heart shatter right in front of me, I watched Stiles and Erica both break down, I watched Isaac grief over Laila. I heard Lydia's scream when Laila was dying. I felt the heartbreak in that room and I couldn't do anything. I was their Alpha but I let half of my pack die in their lover's arms, one right after the other. I can't let it happen again, especially not by my hand."

"So what's the next idea then?"

"Helping her. Whatever that means."

I rested my head on his shoulder, reaching my hand over to tangle my fingers with his. "We'll do everything we can."

He stared at our interlocked hands, his brow raising. I felt a surge of bravery at his lack of rejection, tilting his chin up to press my lips to his softly. He didn't hesitate to kiss back, although I still felt the confusion.

"We'll save her. Together."

Author's Note:

Bryn and Derek finally kissed!! And a Stiles and Sophie moment!

I'll see you in my next chapter. BYEEE!!!