Sweet Dreams

Isaac's POV

"You're coming back in time for training right? Bryn was serious last night, she really wants us to train everyday." Erica warned as I got ready to leave.

"I don't know when I'll be back but it probably won't be until tonight."

"Just be back for training. Make up some excuse to get away for an hour or two then you can go back. We really need to learn to fight."

"We've been training for how many months? And we still can't fight. What does that show us?"

"Derek knows what he's doing."

"Wasting time?"

"Teaching us. Why are you so upset with him lately? Because he doesn't want you to tell Laila about werewolves? He's trying to help you, Isaac."

"He doesn't even know her. None of you do. But I know for a fact that she won't care."

"And what if she does? What if she tells Lydia?"

"She won't. Which is why I'm telling her tonight."

"Don't be an idiot."

"I'm not. I trust her." I admitted, grabbing my jacket and phone off the table.

"Look, if you really are going to tell her, then at least be smart about it. Tell Derek, ask him for advice."

"No time, I need to get there before lunch. You can tell him though, if it means that much to you."

"I just want you to think it through. Make sure you really want to do this."

"I do. I know she won't tell anyone if I ask her not to."

"Just be careful."

I ruffled her hair up, her gaze turning into a glare immediately as I chuckled. "I'll see you later."

I walked out of the loft, walking towards the car when I saw the twins step out of the trees, coming towards me.

"Where you heading, Lahey?" one of them asked, matching smirks on their faces.

"What are you doing here?"

"We're here to warn you about Laila. You might want to hurry up and get to her. I'd hate for Kali to get there first."

"Leave her alone."

"Oh, we aren't the ones you have to worry about. Just get there as fast as you can. Clock's ticking." They turned and walked away as I stared after them, confused.

I quickly got into the car, driving as fast as I could to the familiar house. I nearly jumped out of the car, running up to the porch and ringing the doorbell, also knocking on the door as I nervously waited for it to open.

As I was beginning to panic, it opened, revealing a heavy lidded Laila, mid-yawn. I let out a sigh of relief, pulling her into my chest to hug her, my hands clinging to her shirt.

"You ok?" she whispered, her hand beginning to rub circles into my back.

"Are you?"

"I'm fine. Just a little sleepy."

"Did I wake you up?"

"I slept through my alarm. But it's ok." She pulled back to press a kiss to my cheek, her hand grabbing mine to pull me inside so she could shut the door.

"Sorry. You probably wanted to sleep in later."

"Actually, I should've woken up a while ago so it's fine. But we do have a small problem. Mary's out shopping with Luke so we have to make lunch for ourselves."