Study Date

Scott's POV

"Can't we just go to your place?" I groaned as I unlocked the front door.

"No. I want to see your house." she insisted, following me in.

"Mom? What're you doing here?" I asked as my mom came into the living room.

"They felt bad because I had to work through my lunch and told me I could take an hour break. Who's this?" She smiled politely at Sophie before turning back to me.

"Mom, this is Sophie." I placed my hand on the small of Sophie's back, as if showing her off.

"Oh, so you're the girl he can't stop talking about."

"Mom!"

"What? Oh, I'm sorry. You know, that used to be a compliment, if a boy talked about you a lot. But nowadays, it's embarassing and no one wants to admit it. Well, I'm Melissa."

Sophie stepped forward and hugged my mom, which obviously shocked her but she soon responded.

"Well, you're certainly affectionate. I like that. Scott, I like this girl. Would you guys like something to eat? I bought Chinese."

"Oh well, we need to go and study. We have a big history test coming up." I shrugged and grabbed Sophie's hand to lead her up the stairs.

"Ok, have fun! And I'll let you know when I leave!"

"Alright, mom." I shut my door behind me and watched nervously as Sophie took in the room.

"What's wrong?" she asked, turning to look at me.

"Nothing. Nothing's wrong." I tossed my bag onto my bed and took off my jacket.

"Are you sure? You seem nervous."

"Well, you're the first girl I've had up here and actually the second person really. Stiles, of course, being the first." I sat down, avoiding her pretty green eyes.

"Well, I'm honored. And relax. This is just like when we're in my room. Same thing."

"Yeah, so I was wondering, maybe we should start with the, uh, history." I reached for my bag but her hand quickly grabbed my wrist.

"I was actually thinking of something a little bit different." she whispered, sitting in my lap with her legs on either side on mine.

Her soft lips brushed against mine as her hands reached up to tangle into my hair. She pushed me flat against the bed, both of us laughing as she leaned down to join our lips again.

It was then that I felt my claws start to come out. I quickly scrambled away, my breathing heavy as I stared down at my hands.

"Scott, what's wrong?" she asked, sitting back up.

"Nothing. I just...need a minute."

"Did I do something wrong?" she mumbled, looking down as her hair fell her in her face.

"No! No, definitely not." Without thinking, I reached up to push it back. I quickly jerked my hand back but then I saw they were back to normal.

"I should...I should go. I'm sorry." She stood up, shaking her head as she grabbed her bag.

"No, wait! You don't have to go." I grabbed her hand as I blocked the door, trying to get her to look at me.

"It's fine, Scott. I shouldn't have done that. I'll see you tomorrow, alright?"

"No, trust me, I liked every moment of that. It's just, you know, heart race going up..."

"Oh. Well, you could've just said that, you know." She smiled as she slowly backed away from the door, dropping her bag down on the floor again. "Come here. We don't need to stop just because your fangs come out." She sat down on the bed, pushing my bag out of the way.