Double Date

Sophie's POV

"Hey Sophie!" an overly friendly voice called as I opened up my locker. I turned to see Lydia and Jackson walking over.

"Hi Lydia."

"So, Jackson and I wanted to invite you and Scott to bowling, for a double date."

"Bowling? Um, Scott?" I turned to my boyfriend, who looked up in shock.

"Uh, I don't...I don't know."

"Oh come on, Scott. It'll be fun. Are you afraid you'll lose?" Jackson teased, smirking at him.

"No! I'm great bowler. I'm actually afraid you'll lose."

"Well, you don't have to worry about that. We'll see you tonight. Meet us at the bowling alley at six." Jackson smiled politely at me then pulled Lydia away.

"Hey Scott." a new voice murmured as I turned back to my locker.

"Erica."

I froze and glanced over to see her standing there with a confident smirk.

"Erica, can I talk to you for a minute?" I asked, closing my locker.

"Hey Sophie. I didn't see you there."

I faked a smile at her and dragged her into the bathroom, making sure no one else was in there. "Erica, you need to leave Derek's pack."

"Why? He's the first person to actually care about me. He helped me. He saved me."

"Derek doesn't care about you. All he cares about is himself. He needs a pack to be strong."

"Well, so do I. And don't even act like I'm the only one involved. Scott was two steps away from joining our pack."

"What are you talking about? He hasn't even met Derek!"

"Oh. He didn't tell you? Well then, I guess the perfect couple isn't so perfect after all. Maybe you should talk to your boyfriend before you go pointing fingers." She smiled and walked out of the room, turning back before she left. "And Sophie? I hope we can still be friends."

Scott's POV

"You hate bowling. You're, like, the worst bowler ever." Stiles pointed out, shaking his head.

"I know! It's just I feel like I need to prove him wrong."

"Well, you better hope Sophie's a good bowler."

Erica came into the room, pausing at the doorway to let her eyes scan over the entire class before she started walking towards her seat.

"Erica, do you know where Sophie is?" I asked as the teacher came in to start the class.

"Last I saw she was in the bathroom, probably planning ways to break up with you."

"Why would she want to break up with me?"

"Why wouldn't she? I mean, you're weak without an Alpha. You're socially awkward and you wear clothes that are three sizes too big. You never stood a chance with her, at least not while you're all alone."

I looked down at myself, suddenly noticing just how loose my shirt was. Maybe Erica was right. Maybe I did need Derek.

"Can I go to the restroom?" I called, raising my hand. The teacher nodded and turned back to the board. I got up and walked out of the room, heading towards the bathroom.

"Hi Sophie." I heard a voice say, getting my attention. I paused and then followed the voice back to our lockers.

"Hey Matt. Um, listen, can we do this later? I'm late for class."

"Actually, I wanted to talk to you. I was wondering if you were into parties?"

"Matt, I really have to go."

"Just...just answer the question before you go?"

She sighed and nodded. "Yeah, I like them occasionally. Why?"

"Because one of my friend's is having a party and I was wondering if maybe you wanted to go?"

"Uh, I'm really busy."

"I haven't even told you when it is."

"I think she said no." I called out, walking over and protectively wrapping my arm around her.

"Well, if you change your mind, it's on Saturday. He rented out a whole club for it." Matt smiled a forced smile and left, glancing back a few times.

"I really don't like that guy." I muttered, tightening my grip on her.

"Scott, can we bail? I really don't feel like being here today."

"Yeah, sure. Are you ok?"

"I'm fine. Let's just get out of here."

Author's Note:

Don't worry, it's only a filler. The next chapter will be their ditching adventures.

I will see you boogles in my next chapter. BYEE!!<3