Hungry

Laila's POV

"Are you nervous?" Lydia asked as she fixed my hair, making sure everything was perfect.

"No. Not really."

"Good. Now remember, you can call me if you need anything."

I smiled before reaching out to hug her. "Thanks, Lydia."

She returned the hug, her hand rubbing my back. She pulled back and made sure my hair hadn't been messed up. The doorbell rang, making us stop.

"Have fun and call me later." she ordered, giving me a push towards the door.

I muttered another goodbye before walking over to the staircase. I saw Isaac crouched down by Luke, who was now grinning ear to ear.

Isaac looked up, straightening up with a smile. "Hey."

"Hi." I jogged down the stairs, slowing my pace as I realized I was walking too quickly to appear calm. "Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah. I'll see you later, Luke. Bye Mary!" he called, putting his hand on my waist and beginning to pull me to the door as I called my goodbyes. "You look amazing."

I felt my lips pulling up into a smile as I looked over at him. "Thank you. You look great."

"Thanks." He opened the car door for me, waiting until I was sat in the seat to close it behind me. He got in on the driver's side as I adjusted my hair once again.

"So where are we going?"

"I was thinking dinner first and then maybe, if you wanted to, we could get ice cream or something."

"That sounds great."

Sophie's POV

"Be back by ten!" my mother called as I ran past her.

We'd just gotten home, later than expected. I quickly ran over to Scott's house, knocking on the door as I waited on the porch. A few seconds later, it opened to reveal Melissa.

"Hi Mrs. McCall." I greeted, stepping inside. "Something smells good."

"I'm attempting to make some soup."

"Well it smells amazing. Is Scott in his room?"

"Mm-hmm. Dinner will be ready in about twenty minutes, if you're hungry."

I smiled at her before heading upstairs to Scott's room. I let myself in, seeing my boyfriend sprawled across his bed, his laptop sitting in front of him as he typed something onto his phone.

"Have you just been in bed all day?" I asked, putting my bag down and taking off my jacket.

"Pretty much. I've had a lazy day."

"I can tell."

He sat up, grabbing my hand and pulling me towards him. I leaned down to give him a quick kiss, smiling as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"How was your day with your mom?"

I sat down next to him as he moved over to make room, his hand staying on my waist. "It was fun. I haven't had a day out with my mom in a long time."

"Good. I'm glad you got to spend time with her."

"I am too. Now, are you ready to study?" I bent down to pull out my books as he groaned, dropping back onto the bed.

"Do we have to?"

"Yes. What subject do you want to start on?"

"Why don't we just talk?"