Power

Derek's POV

"I killed you." I pointed out, staring at Peter as he only smiled.

"And I killed Kate. Not everyone in this town stays dead."

"How are you alive?"

"That's a long story and I'm afraid if we don't act fast, you really will have lost all these hopeful, young teenagers."

"What do you mean?"

"They're not dead, Derek. Not yet."

"I saw-"

"You saw them die, I know. But you can bring them back. For a price."

"What price?"

"Power. You see, werewolves have certain abilities, you know that. But sometimes, we can push past the limits, break all the rules. But it doesn't come free."

"Name it."

"Derek." Bryn warned, her hand grabbing my arm.

"You won't be an Alpha anymore, Derek. But you'd have your pack back. You'd be able to save these three teenagers, kids really." Peter explained, taking a few steps towards us.

"How?"

"I'll show you."

"Derek, you killed Peter for a reason. Remember that?" Bryn reminded me, her hand tightening on my arm.

"I remember." Peter offered, holding up one of his hands.

I glared at him as he lowered his hand again, clearing his throat.

"I don't care, Bryn. If I can bring them back, I'll do whatever it takes."

"Tick tock, Derek. This is a limited time offer."

"You're an idiot." Bryn hissed before letting go of my arm and stepping back so I could kneel down next to Sophie.

"Take her hand." Peter instructed, coming to stand behind me.

I grabbed Sophie's limp hand in mine, using the other to grab her wrist.

"Essentially, you have to heal her. Take her pain away. But you have to take the next step, go beyond that."

I took a deep breath, my fingers tightening around hers as I began to see black veins going up my arms.

I clenched my jaw, continuing to follow Peter's advice as I heard her heartbeat begin to slowly start back up.

I let out a roar, tilting my head back as I could feel the power being sucked away from me.

I heard her gasp, seeing her jolt up into a sitting position. She was alive.

Isaac's POV

"Isaac?" Lydia called as I made my way into the loft.

I paused, turning back to face her.

"She loved you. I know she never told you but I knew. You were the only thing she ever talked about. It got annoying sometimes but I got to watch my best friend fall in love. So, thank you."

"I loved her too."

"I know. Everybody knew." She sent me a sad smile, tears still in her eyes as she turned to get into her car.

I turned to continue up into the loft, getting all the way inside when I heard the door slide back open. I looked back at Lydia, her hair dripping water onto the floor as she walked over to me.

She threw her arms around me, a sob escaping her throat. I let my arms wrap around her shoulders, feeling a tear roll down my cheek.

We both stood silently, the rain continuing to pour outside.

Scott's POV

"What do we do now?" Erica whispered, both of us sat on my bed.

"I don't know."

"I have to tell Stiles's dad."

"I have to tell Sophie's parents."

"They're gone. Scott, they're dead." She dropped her head into her hands, beginning to sob into her palms.

I reached one of my hands over to rub her back, holding back my own tears. "They wouldn't want us to be sad."

"I don't care. He's gone, Scott. They're all gone."

"I know. I had to watch my best friend and my girlfriend die tonight. I could've saved her. I heard the guy move, I heard him load up the arrow, I heard it shoot and I didn't do anything. I waited. And now she's dead."

"They just would've tried again. No matter what we did, Sophie and Stiles weren't walking out of that warehouse."

I looked up at the wall, my eyes not truly focusing on the area in front of me. My hand continued rubbing Erica's back, my mind replaying Sophie's last words.

Erica ran her hands through her hair, inhaling deeply as she straightened up. "I think I need a minute alone. I'll see you later, Scott."

I muttered a goodbye as she walked out of the room, my eyes still blankly staring at the wall. I let my body drop back onto the bed, tears filling my eyes again.

I tried to think of anything except for her and when it didn't work, I tried thinking of all the memories I had with her. Remembering how I felt the first time she walked into the classroom, the first time I kissed her, the first time I called her my girlfriend.

I looked over at the nightstand, the small journal she'd given me for Christmas laying on it. I reached over to grab it, a smile unknowingly spreading across my face at her sweet words.

I heard the front door open and close, making me sit back up. I knew my mother was still at work and I had heard the Jeep drive away, meaning it wasn't Erica either.

The door to my room soon opened, revealing a face I'd thought I'd never see again.

"Soph?"

Author's Note:

So Sophie's alive! What do you think will happen next?

I'll see you in my next chapter. BYEEE!!