Quarantine

Sophie's POV

"It feels weird to be back in school." I pointed out as I opened my locker, looking over at Scott.

"You know, if you want to stay home today, you can."

"Scott, I told I'm fine. So what if I, you know, died and then came back to life? Just another day in the life of the supernatural."

"I'll come with you. We can watch more of those horrible werewolf movies and I'll make the popcorn again."

I laughed as I closed my locker, turning to face him. "I think you're the one who needs another day at home."

"I'm just worried about you."

"I know but you don't need to be. I am one hundred percent, completely and totally fine." I reached up to place my hands on his cheeks, making sure he couldn't look away.

"If you-"

"If I ever feel sick or I just want to go home, I will tell you."

"Right away. Like, don't even think about it."

"I will."

He sighed, still not pleased about all of this. He slowly shut his locker, a frown forming on his face.

I leaned onto the tips of my toes to press a kiss to his cheek, my hand reaching out to grab his arm. "Come on. We're going to be late."

I led the way to our first class, Stiles and Erica joining us midway. We all sat down in our normal seats, Scott's hand grabbing onto mine.

I had to smile at his concern, squeezing his fingers in a silent way of saying I was ok. He let go once the class had started, both of us beginning to write down anything important.

There were only a few minutes left of class when I heard a thud coming from in front of me. A few seats ahead, a girl had fainted out of her seat, the teacher pausing in his lecture.

"Sydney?" he called, walking over to help the girl back up. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine."

I noticed what looked like a rash on her wrist, the skin red. I looked over at Scott, his eyes already on it.

"How long have you had this?" the teacher asked, twisting the girl's wrist around to get a better look at it.

"I don't know."

"Well, class is almost over. Can you make it until then?"

"Yeah, I'm ok."

My gaze flickered back to Scott before going to back to my notebook. I absentmindedly scratched my wrist, hearing the teacher resume his lecture. 

Once class was over, Scott and I headed for art, the girl still on our minds. We made it all the way through lunch, to economics when Coach didn't show up for class.

We waited for ten minutes, all of us confused. Scott tensed up, his eyebrows furrowing as he looked over at the door.

"What's wrong?" I asked, still trying to keep my voice quiet even though there wasn't a teacher in the room.

"They called the CDC. The school's shutting down."

Laila's POV

"There's a quarantine." I explained to Sophie as she watched the people set everything up. "They must think someone brought something in."

"A girl in my class fainted earlier. She had a rash on her arm, it didn't look too good. Do you think whatever that was is causing all of this?" she pointed out, her arms folding across her chest.

"I don't know."

"What happens now?"

"I don't know, I've never been in a quarantine before."

"Hey, have you seen Scott? He ran off before I could get a chance to grab him."

"Isaac did the same thing. I saw him go into the boys' locker room."

She looked around, checking to see if anyone was looking before grabbing my arm and leading me away from the crowd of people.

I glanced over my shoulder to see if anyone had noticed our disappearance as she knocked on the door to the locker room.

"Scott? Isaac? You guys in there?" she called quietly, opening the door slowly.

I followed her into the room, shutting the door behind me as she took a few steps forward.

"Isaac?" I tried, pausing when I heard the showers running. "Isaac?"

I hesitantly walked around the corner, looking into the showers to see my boyfriend standing underneath one of the shower heads.

Growls escaped with every breath, his hands pressed to the wall to show his claws. He looked over at me with bright golden eyes, his sharp canines on full display.

"I can't control it. Get out of here!" he warned, turning back to the wall.

"Hey, it's ok. Just, um, take deep breaths?" I took a few steps towards him, feeling the water begin to hit my clothes.

"I can't do it. I can't control it." he repeated, almost to himself.

"Isaac, look at me." I took the chance to grab his chin, turning his head towards me as the water continued to soak us both. "You can do this. Concentrate."

His only answer was another snarl, his body shifting towards me. His jaw clenched, his eyes continuing to stare into mine.

"Isaac?"

His fist hit the side of the wall next to me, making me jump but I refused to move away. He moved closer to me, his other hand grabbing my wrist to lift my hand up.

"Isaac." I tried again, feeling the back hit my wall as he leaned his head closer to my neck.

I rushed to press my lips to his, feeling his hand tighten around my wrist in shock. I lifted my free hand to his neck, leaning onto the tips of my toes.

I began to feel his claws shrink back, his face returning to normal. I pulled back slightly, looking up at him as he kept his eyes shut, still breathing heavily.

"Isaac?" I muttered, sliding my hand up so I could interlock my fingers with his.

He opened his eyes to reveal they were still gold, although the color flickered back to blue after a moment. They shifted back to gold almost immediately, his head dropping after that as he continued to try to slow his breathing down.

"I can't...control it."

Author's Note:

They're being quarantined! What do you think will happen next?

I'll see you in my next chapter. BYEEE!!!