Flickering Porch Lights

Sophie's POV

"Wow." I breathed as I stepped out of the car.

He'd brought me to the park where there was a small picnic set up.

"Do you like it?" he asked hesitantly, tensing up.

I reached up to kiss his cheek, smiling at him. "I love it."

We laid down and watched the stars, snacking on the chocolate covered strawberries he'd brought.

"Oh look! A shooting star!" I squealed, pointing to it before closing my eyes to make a wish.

It was childish to wish on stars but it had always worked for me before. I had wished we would leave Toyko and an hour later, my parents told me to pack. I had wished we'd be able to stay in one area for more than a month and then a day later, my parents told me we'd be here for the rest of my school year.

"What'd you wish for?" he asked, glancing over at me.

"I can't tell you. It won't come true if I do." I teased, letting out a laugh.

"Well, I wished for-" I broke him off by clamping my hand over his mouth.

"Don't you want it to come true?" I pointed out, grinning.

He rolled his eyes and took my hand off his mouth, keeping his fingers tangled with mine. "Fine. I won't tell you."

"Good. Maybe it'll come true then."

"I doubt it. Crap, is that the time? You have to be home in ten minutes, come on!" He burst up, bringing me with him and then running toward the car.

I sighed unhappily as we pulled up in front of his house. He walked me over to my door.

"I had a really great time tonight, Scott. We should do this again."

"Really? You'd wanna go out with me again?"

"Of course. So, I guess this is goodnight." I hinted, getting on my toes.

"Yeah. Goodnight. See you at school tomorrow." He kissed my cheek and then turned to leave.

"Wait!" I called, grabbing his wrist. "I need to tell my wish."

"I thought you said it wouldn't come true if you told me."

"Yeah, well apparently, hinting at it isn't doing any good. So, Scott, I wished for you to kiss me."

Then I leaned forward and pressed my lips to his. His muscular arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me closer. The porch started flickering, in a way that wasn't natural.

I scoffed as I pulled away, biting my lip. "Alright, dad, I got it!" I yelled before turning back to Scott. "I have to go. I'll see you at school." I reached up to give him another small peck before going inside.

Dad stood by the light switch, glaring at me. "You're late."

"By two minutes, dad." I rolled my eyes and started up the stairs.

"You like this boy, don't you?" mom asked, sitting on my bed.

"Yeah. I really, really like him, mom."

"Well, don't worry about your father. He's just being protective. We only want the best for you. You know that right?"

"Yeah. But I don't think Scott's a bad guy."

"Neither do I. Well, get some rest, alright sweetie? I love you." She kissed my forehead and got up to leave.

"Love you too, mom."

Author's Note:

Yes, it's short. It's a filler. And the drama will be starting soon.

I will see you see boogles in my next chapter. BYEE!!