Clouds

Laila's POV

"Laila!" a voice called as Lydia and I walked out of school.

I looked over to see Aiden leaned against his motorcycle. I said a quick goodbye to Lydia, waving away her demands of texting her later on with details.

"Hi." I greeted as I walked over to him, sending him a quick smile.

"Hey. Ready to go?"

"Yep. Um, what do I do?"

"Have you ever rode a motorcycle before?"

"No."

He held out his hand, moving around to stand beside me. He helped me onto the bike, making sure I was balanced before sitting in front of me.

"You'll want to hold on tight."

I wrapped my arms around him as he started the bike up. "Where are we going?"

"You'll see."

I jumped at the bike started moving, backing out of the spot before he turned it around and drove toward the exit.

I squealed as we gained speed, driving on the street now. I looked around excitedly, biting my lip as we weaved in and out of cars. I rested my head on his shoulder, tightening my grip.

He pulled up in front of the forest gates, turning the bike off before getting up. He turned around and lifted me up, settling me onto the ground beside him.

"Where are we going?" I asked again, taking his extended hand and letting him lead me into the forest.

"It won't take too long to get there." he hinted, shooting me a quick smile.

I sighed, following him onto a trail. "Do you go hiking a lot?"

"Sometimes. When I need to. But trust me, it'll be worth it."

"So, what's it like to have a twin?"

"Well, we can switch around, so that's a plus. And we're pretty close. Do you have any siblings?"

"I have a little brother. His name's Luke."

We continued chatting, the walk seeming to go by quickly. We had walked up to a point that looked out over the whole town.

"Wow."

"I told you it'd be worth it." He smiled before sitting down, patting the spot next to him.

I sat down, bringing my knees to my chest and wrapping my arms around my legs. "It's so pretty."

He glanced over at me, smiling. "Yeah it is."

I met his gaze, returning the smile. "Do you miss home?" I asked after a moment of silence.

"Not really. Maybe I haven't been gone long enough."

"You don't miss your friends?"

"I didn't really have that many."

"Well, their loss."

He chuckled, leaning back onto his hands, one of his arms pressing against my back. "What about you? Do you have a lot of friends?"

"Not as many as people would think. Lydia's my best friend and she's one of the only girls that I really hang out with. And of course my family."

"I thought you were popular."

"I guess you could say that. I never saw myself as popular. So, do you have any crushes yet?" I tried, turning to look at him.

"Maybe. What about you? Anyone caught your eye?" He sat up, leaning closer.

"Maybe." I parroted, also moving closer. I paused as our noses bumped, our eyes locked. I felt him shift closer, closing his eyes. I quickly pulled back, looking down. "Um, sorry."

"No, it's ok."

I hesitantly looked back over at him to find him staring out at the town. I leaned over to kiss his cheek, making him look at me. I smiled before laying down, looking up at the clouds. He soon followed, both of us pointing out shapes in the clouds for a few moments.

"Look, that one's a heart." I pointed at it as I felt lips press against my cheek. I turned my head to smile at him before pointing back up. "Did you see it?"

"I saw it."

 Sophie's POV

"You don't have to do this, you know." I repeated as Scott led the way to Derek's loft.

"I just want to talk to him. What do you think about it? Joining his pack?"

"You know what I think about it."

"It's just, we have an Alpha pack here. This isn't just one thing anymore. This isn't just trying to make it through the full moon. I can't do this alone."

"I know. I just wouldn't trust Derek."

"I don't. But right now, he's our only option."

I sighed as the loft started to become visible. "Do whatever you feel is right."

He reached back, grabbing my hand and pulling me closer to his side. He took a deep breath before entering the loft. Isaac and Erica were currently fighting, Derek watching closely.

"Derek." Scott called, standing a bit taller.

Isaac and Erica paused, looking over with smug smiles. Derek slowly walked toward us, stopping a few feet away.

"I'll help you. But only if we don't kill them."

"They're Alphas, Scott. How do you plan to scare away a pack of Alphas?" Derek pointed out, crossing his arms across his chest.

"We'll find a way. If you want me in your pack, you'll find a way."

Derek remained silent, glaring at Scott.

"That's the offer, Derek. Take it or leave it."

"Derek, we need him. We'd finally have an actual pack." Erica reminded him.

"Fine." Derek finally agreed, turning to walk back to his original spot.

Scott looked back at me with a smile, squeezing my hand. "So, when do I start training?"

"Right now."

Author's Note:

Another chapter!!!

What do you think of Laila and Aiden? And Scott joining the pack?

I'll see you gummies and nerds in my next chapter. BYEEEE!!!!