Help

Sophie's POV

"How is he?" I asked my mother as I walked into the room where my father still slept.

"The same. Deaton says he's doing better though."

I sat down on the arm of her chair, tucking my hands into the sweatshirt Scott had given me. We remained silent, her hand grabbing mine for a moment before she stood up.

She walked over to a table, unzipping a duffel bag and pulling out the sword I'd used the other night, the one that I had found laying around.

"Hunters have been around for a long time. It's always been us against them. Do you know what this is?" she lectured, holding up the weapon.

"A sword?" I muttered, avoiding her gaze.

I couldn't help but think of Scott. It had always been hunters versus the supernatural. How was I meant to tell my parents my boyfriend was the very thing they'd devoted their life to killing?

"A sword laced in wolfsbane. It's a very old trick. Your father was going to show you it but he never got around to it and the mothers tend to stay out of the training. But for the past few months, you've barely trained at all. So I've decided, once your father has healed up a bit, you'll start your training again. With me."

"Is that allowed?"

"No. But unless you want to become an Alpha's next meal, I suggest you don't argue. Now, go check on your friends. I heard one of them came in last night. Poor thing had to get stitches." She turned back into the worried mother in an instant, sitting back down.

I silently got up, the thought of my parents' reactions to Scott being a werewolf still playing over and over in my head. They'd either embrace it or kill him on the spot. I walked down towards the lobby, biting my lip as I tried to stop thinking about it.

I heard the not-so-hushed whispers of Scott and Stiles, my name being brought up followed by the word hunter. I froze, my eyes widening as I felt my heartbeat begin to pick up.

"Maybe her mom was talking about someone else. Maybe they know a family of hunters." Scott tried as I leaned against the wall to listen without being caught.

"You said it yourself. Just think about it, her dad was there, he figured it out before we did, those dead bodies in the safe were hunters, Scott, her mom knew about the Alphas." Stiles hissed, confirming that my worst fear had just come true.

Scott had heard my mom talking about hunters.

"She would've told me." At those words, I had to hold back a sob, the guilt boiling up.

"Did you really think Sophie was able to just randomly take down werewolves and seems to know everything about them?"

I waited for Scott's reaction, holding my breath as I realized he could probably hear my rapid heartbeat. I gave in when I heard the sound of a chair scraping back. I continued walking, trying to make it seem like I'd only just gotten there.

Scott had been walking towards the hall, towards me but he stopped when his eyes met mine. He seemed unsure of what to do next, his face clearly showing that he was confused and hurt.

"What's wrong?" I questioned, folding my arms across my chest.

"Do you, by any chance, come from a family of hunters chasing down both our pack and the Alphas?" Stiles asked simply, clasping his hands together.

I opened my mouth to respond, my eyes flickering over to Scott. "I-"

I was cut off by the door opening, Erica walking in.

She paused, feeling the tension in the room as she looked around. "What's going on?"

"Sophie might be a-" Stiles started but Scott quickly interrupted him.

"Tired. She's probably tired. She should get some rest."

"Well, Derek wanted a pack meeting so her nap will have to wait. I'll drive." She turned and walked back out, Scott hesitating before following after her.

"In that car? It can barely fit two people, let alone four." Stiles argued, seeming to be back to his normal self.

He shot me a look that said it wasn't over before trailing after them.

I quietly walked outside, taking a deep breath to calm myself down before continuing on.

"And your Jeep can?" Erica snapped back at Stiles, opening her door.

"Yes, it can actually."

"You're delusional. Get in the car."

Laila's POV

"How does your arm feel?" Isaac asked, sitting down next to me on the couch.

"It's fine." I reassured, taking his hand with my free one, the other clutched tight in Lydia's.

"Why are we still here?" Lydia repeated, the question that had been on her mind since we'd gotten back from the clinic.

"You should leave." Derek agreed, ignoring the glare Isaac shot him at his harsh tone.

"I want to find out what Kate was. She wasn't like you guys." I explained, shaking my head.

"I don't want you involved in any of this." Isaac dismissed, tangling his fingers with mine and squeezing them.

"Too late for that." Lydia mumbled, rolling her eyes.

"You guys should go home, get some rest." Isaac suggested, resting his other hand on my knee.

"That sounds great."

"What about Kate?" I insisted, refusing to leave.

"If you want to know that bad, I'll call you and tell you whatever we figure out. But right now, you two need to go home. You've had a stressful week, I'm sure you're exhausted." Isaac stood up, tugging me up with him.

"But I want to help."

"You can help by getting some sleep."

"I want to stay here." I refused, hearing Lydia let out a sigh from beside me. "Lydia, you don't have to stay if you don't want to." I added, squeezing her fingers in mine.

"Why do I have a feeling that you'll stay, no matter where I go?" she muttered, sighing.

"Because I will."

"Of course."

Author's Note:

Scott and Stiles found out about Sophie's family! What do you think Scott's reaction will be?

I'll see you in my next chapter. BYEEEE!!!