Jacket

Sophie's POV

"Sophie!" Scott called, running over to where I was about to sit down. The game was just about to start, people all hurrying to find seats. He leaned over and pressed a quick kiss against my lips. 

"Good luck." I told him, giving him another short kiss before pushing him back onto the field. He grinned before running over to the other players.

"Is this seat taken?" a voice asked as I sat down. 

"No, go ahead." I moved over to make room, returning her polite smile.

"I'm Laila."

"I'm Sophie." 

"There you are! I've been looking everywhere." Lydia sat next to Laila, offering me a quick smile. "You forgot your drink."

The game started, making my attention turn back to the field, quickly finding Scott as he waited to make his move.

We all watched eagerly as our team got the ball. I cheered louder as I saw it Scott who held the ball. He ran across the field, dodging other players and passing the ball to someone else midway. They all continued throwing the ball back and forth, the other team occasionally getting it but no one actually scoring.

The ball flew back towards Scott, who started to run towards the goal after he caught it again. He then threw it into the goal, the goalie unable to catch it.

I jumped onto my feet with everyone else, clapping and cheering. He smiled at me, causing me to grin back. I shook my head in amazement as I sat back down.

As the game went on, the other team scored a few points, as did we. We were now at a tie, the game almost over.

I sat on the edge of my seat, my eyes glued on the ball. "Come on Scott. You can do it." I whispered as he regained the ball.

He took off in the direction of the goal, ducking under a player as they tried to grab him. I held my breath as he pulled his arms back to throw the ball directly into the net.

Everyone burst up, the cheers even louder. Scott took off his helmet, his eyes moving around for a few seconds before they landed on me. He broke away from the team, jogging over to me. I met him halfway, jumping into his arms as he swung me around in a circle.

I pulled back to press my lips to his, my smile widening. "You did it! I'm so proud of you."

He only grinned goofily, his arms tightening around me. My feet still hovered above the ground as I buried my face back into his neck. He set me back down, kissing my cheek gently.

"I'll go shower then we can go."

I nodded, giving him one last kiss before pushing him off towards the school. I waited until most of the team had gone into the locker room to go inside. I headed towards my locker to get my books, my smile still in place.

I heard the click of a camera, the sound repeating a few times as I looked around. I saw Matt holding his camera, seemingly looking through his pictures. I shook off the feeling, returning to putting my things into my bag.

The clicking resumed as I grabbed the last book. I tried to look over without making it obvious, pretending to ruffle through my book. I saw Matt now had the camera up to his face, aimed towards me. I jumped as the team started to fill the halls, still excited from their win.

I faked a smile as one of them high fived me. Scott laughed at one of their jokes, slinging his arm around my shoulder. His smile dropped as he looked over at me.

"Soph, what's wrong?"

"Nothing. Are you ready to go?"

He gave me a weird look before holding me tight to his side. "Yeah. Let's go."

Laila's POV

"You were amazing out there tonight." I complimented as Isaac walked me to the car.

"You really think so?"

"Yeah. You're very talented."

He ducked his head down, a small smile tugging at his lips.

I frowned as I realized my car was only a few feet away. We finally stopped in front of the car, both of us turning to face each other.

"You really did great out there, Isaac." I gave him a quick hug before taking a few steps towards the car. "I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yeah. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Hey, um, before you go, you left your jacket at my house." I started to pull it out of my bag, pausing when he shook his head.

"Keep it. I have plenty."

"Are you sure?"

He held out his hand for it, taking it back. He then laid it across my shoulders, smoothing out any wrinkles. "Goodnight Laila." He leaned down to kiss my cheek, walking away before I could respond.

I smiled to myself before getting into the car, pulling the jacket off to tuck it back into my bag. "Goodnight Isaac."

Author's Note:

Another kinda short chapter. But Scophie and Lilaac!!

I'll see you gummies and nerds in my next chapter. BYEEEE!!!