Break

Sophie's POV

"Who or what was that?" Stiles nearly yelled, breaking the shocked silence we'd fallen into.

"It knew Laila." Derek pointed out, shooting her a glare.

"No. It knew Kate." Laila corrected, pushing herself to her feet. "Come on, Lydia. I think we should go home."

"Finally." Lydia stood up, brushing herself off before reaching over to take Laila's hand.

"I'll drive you guys home." Isaac offered, walking them out.

"He killed them. He just walked up and killed them. They're gone." I muttered, trying to figure out what had just happened.

"At least they're dead." Erica shrugged, walking over to check on Stiles.

"It doesn't add up. Why would Kate want to kill the Alphas?"

"Why wouldn't she? They were horrible."

"It doesn't make sense." I mumbled, more to myself than to them.

"Come on, Soph. We should get home too." Scott held out his hand, helping me back onto my feet.

"What about the bodies?"

"Don't worry about them." Derek answered, turning to face Kali's limp body.

Bryn moved to stand next to him, her eyes looking up at him while he stared down at the damage that had been done tonight. "I'll help."

Erica and Stiles followed us out, all of us squeezing into the Jeep. As Stiles drove, I continued trying to piece together the puzzle.

I kept my head down as I got out of the car, muttering a goodbye to Erica and Stiles. I began to walk towards my house before I felt a tug on my hand, making me turn around.

"Can you just come over for a few minutes?" Scott asked, already leading us towards his door.

 "Is something wrong?" Our voices dropped to whispers now that we were inside, not wanting to risk waking Melissa in case she was home.

"No, I just wanted to be with you for a minute."

I felt a smile pulling onto my lips as we walked up to his bedroom, my hand tightening its hold on his. He turned his light on as I shut the door as quietly as I could, turning to face him again.

"Are you hurt at all?" he asked, gently placing his hand on my throat, his fingers running over where the Alpha had clutched the skin as his other hand found my waist.

"No. Are you?"

"Nothing I won't heal from."

I nodded my head, my eyes going back to the floor as my thoughts returned to the sudden deaths of the Alphas.

"Hey." Scott's hand moved up to my jaw, his thumb rubbing circles into it. "Don't think about it too much."

"I can't figure it out."

"You will. Just give it some time."

"We don't have time. Kate's already ahead of us and if we don't figure out what her plan is before it's too late, more people could die."

"You said we. It's not your job to know everything. Maybe you and Stiles can work it out together. Talk to Derek, talk to Bryn, talk to anyone. You're not alone here."

My eyes snapped back up to his as I nodded my head. "I should probably talk it out with Stiles."

"Yeah, I think that's a better idea than overthinking it."