Cool

Sophie's POV

"I'm getting a drink, you want one?" I offered to Scott, letting go of his hand.

He shook his head in response, stepping away from the crowd and walking over to where Erica, Stiles and Isaac were dancing.

"Hey. Cool party, right?" Matt asked as I walked up to grab a water bottle.

"Yeah, really cool."

I saw his eyes flash to purple for a moment, quickly returning to their normal color once he'd blinked. He paused in whatever he was saying, staring at me in confusion.

"You ok?" he questioned, his eyebrows furrowing.

"I'm fine. Sorry, what were you saying?"

"I was just asking what you thought about the test next week."

"There's a test next week?"

"Yeah. You didn't know?"

"Oh great."

"If you want, I can help you study."

"I'm sure I'll be fine." I tried, shaking my head as I took a sip of my water.

"Well if you do need help, I'd be happy to."

"Thank you." I heard my phone ring, telling me I had a new text. I pulled it out of my pocket, lowering my bottle as I read the words on the screen.

"Come outside."

"Um, I'll be back, ok?" I sent Matt an apologetic look before starting to walk back to the spot where Scott had been last.

He was gone. So were Isaac, Stiles and Erica. I looked around for them, calling out for them. I somehow ended up in the middle of the crowd, stumbling around and being pushed.

I froze when I saw someone standing in front of me, their face hidden by the hood of their jacket. It didn't stop the shine of their purple eyes though. I backed away, turning and pushing my way out of the crowd.

I made my way to the door leading out, scrambling to open the door. I finally got it open as the person made their way over to me. I ran out into the empty parking lot, my breath picking up.

I tripped on a rock, making me fall. I held my breath as I heard footsteps behind me. I pushed myself onto my elbows, gasping for air.

"Tripping? Really? Isn't that the oldest trick in the book?" a voice asked, making me stop. "I thought you were better than that, dove."

"I am."

"Then why are you just sitting here, waiting for me to kill you?"

"I'm not." I slowly sat up, refusing to look up as I felt him move my hair out of my face.

"I'll give you ten seconds to run."

I quickly stood up, racing for Scott's car. I patted my boot for my knife as I tried catching my breath. I took off my boot, turning it over and shaking it when I couldn't find the knife.

"Looking for this?" The knife was held up by the man, a chuckle following his words. I threw my shoe at him, turning back for the warehouse.

I felt something grab my ankle, making me fall once again. I flipped over, trying to grab my dagger. He easily pinned my hands and feet down, tossing the knife aside.

"Scott!" I yelled, my voice shaking as I continued to fight against him.

"I wonder where your darling boyfriend is now?"