Trust

Isaac's POV

I pulled up in front of the ice cream shop, holding my breath as I looked around. I saw Laila and Lydia, standing by Aiden.

I jumped out of the car, running over to them. Laila looked over and met me halfway, her face burying into my jaw as her arms wrapped around my neck. Mine went around her waist, a sigh of relief escaping both of us.

One of my hands went up to her hair, smoothing it down as I made sure she was really there. It seemed too good to be true, Aiden just handing them over.

I looked over her shoulder at him as her arms tightened around me. "Thanks." I muttered, rubbing circles into the small of her back.

"I didn't do it for you." he answered shortly before turning and walking over to a motorcycle.

I turned my attention back to Laila, my fingers clinging tighter to her shirt. I heard Lydia sigh before she put her hands on her hips.

"As touching as this is, I really need to shower. Can you at least drop me off before you have your little reunion?"

Sophie's POV

The walk over to the room they were keeping my dad in was silent, the only sounds being our footsteps. Scott opened the door for me as I kept my eyes to the floor in fear of what I would see.

I let myself glance up to see my father on a table, a blanket thrown over him and a few tubes hooking him up to machines. My hand blindly searched for Scott's, tangling my fingers with his when I found it.

I walked over to the table, reaching my free hand out to rest it on top of my dad's. I felt Scott squeeze my fingers in comfort as I stared at my sleeping father.

"He's gonna be ok. Deaton says the scratches weren't too deep and he should be up in a few hours, although it might be more like a day or two. But he'll be fine." Scott rambled quietly as I remained silent. "Are you?"

I turned to him, nodding. "I'll be ok."

He wrapped his other arm around my shoulders, resting his chin on top of my head. I looked down at my dad, shifting my head to rest it against Scott's chest.

"We all will."

Laila's POV

The walk up to my room was silent, neither of us knowing what to say to each other after what had happened. I glanced over at Isaac as I shut my door, deciding to be the one to break the silence with the only thing I could think to say.

"Can I see?"

He looked up as he placed the jacket he'd announced as mine back in its place, giving me a confused look. "See what?"

"Whatever it's called. With the fangs and the claws."

"Um, it's a werewolf." he explained, clearing his throat as he looked down at the ground.

"Can I see?" I repeated, walking over to stand in front of him.

The next time he looked up, his eyes were a bright gold, the tips of his canine teeth sticking out just slightly. I stared in fascination, reaching my hand up to touch the newly formed fang. His eyes flickered over my face, judging my reaction.

"Was this your big secret?"

"Yeah. I was going to tell you, I promise, but whenever I tried, it didn't work out." As he spoke, his face began to change back into normal.

"I'm not mad."

"You're not?"

"No. I do want to know something, though."