Who's Afraid

Sophie's POV

By the time I'd made it home, Scott was mumbling and his claws were starting to come out. I quickly dragged him into the house and down into the basement.

"Where am I?" he muttered, halfheartedly trying to get out of my grip.

"Relax Scott. Just take deep breaths and try to fight the change. I still need to chain you up."

"What? Why do you have to do that?" he asked as I sat him against the wall.

"Your wolf takes over when the full moon hits. And your wolf only wants a few things. The first thing it'll go for is its Alpha. For all we know, your Alpha is halfway across the world and unless you want to wake up in Canada, I suggest you hold out your wrist and be a good little puppy."

"How do you know all this?"

"Long story. Just wait here while I get the chains." I turned and ran over to the large dresser in the corner. I slid open a drawer and pulled out the thick metal chains that even an Alpha couldn't break through.

I sighed as I knelt down next to him, holding the chains in my hands. I shook my head to clear it and then attached two cuffs to one of his wrists and then another two to his other one.

"Hurry. I can't fight it off much longer."

I chained down his legs as well then attached the chains to the dresser's legs, hoping it'd be able to handle the pressure he'd no doubt be putting on it in a few minutes.

"Soph, it's starting. Get out."

"I'm not leaving you. Just breathe, ok? I'll be fine." I dropped down beside him again, reaching up to stroke his cheek.

"I don't want you to. Leave."

"You're going to need me."

"I'll be fine. I promise. Now will you please go?" He looked up with his animal eyes, a calm yet panicked tone in his voice.

I nodded and leaned in to kiss him. "I'll be right upstairs."

I got up and ran back up the stairs, closing the doors as his change truly kicked in. I heard him let out a surprised cry of pain as I leaned against the door, trying to get my heartbeat back down.

It took me a few minutes to regain my breath but once I did, I started looking for my parents. Instead, I found a note on the fridge.

"Out on a job."

I scoffed and threw the note away, going into the fridge. I took out a water bottle and sipped at the cool liquid before hearing the light patter of footsteps. I put down my water and closed the fridge, pretending like nothing had happened.

I heard the soft, nearly inaudible footsteps come closer. It was in the room now.

I had to continue to play the innocent teenage girl with average hearing. I couldn't turn around yet. Not until it was closer. I played with the label on my bottle, biting my lip.

I looked up into the window to see red eyes looking back at me.

Keep up the game, Sophie. I spun around, faking a gasp. Whoever it was disappeared but the footsteps soon started up again. It was stalking me.

I smiled in my head at that. I'm the prey now. The weak little girl running from the big bad wolf. Oh the irony.

I heard a low growl and continued playing my part, widening my eyes. I should do this professionally, I'd make a wonderful actress.

In my head, that ever-familiar tune started up in my head. Unconsciously, I started humming it out loud. I heard a ghostly chuckle and smirked to myself. Good. I was entertaining it.

"Who's afraid of the big bad wolf, the big bad wolf, the big bad wolf? Who's afraid of the big bad wolf, the big bad wolf, the big bad wolf?" I sung quietly, walking around the island to the place I knew it was hiding, my hand grabbing out of the kitchen knifes as I did.

I then stabbed the weapon into its stomach, using the new advantage to pin it to the wall.

"Who are you and why are you in my house?" I asked, looking up into his bright red eyes, visible even in the dark.

"You have my Beta." he groaned out, his hand grabbing my wrist.

"Your Beta?"

"Scott."

I pulled the knife out before using all my strength to hit him on the head with the hilt, making his body fall limp as his eyes shut.

Author's Note:

Oh, it's another short one and another filler but I thought it was pretty cool.

Who else loves bad Sophie?

Well, that's it for this chapter, boogles. BYEE!!!