Knives

Sophie's POV

"Are you ready?" I asked Scott as we walked up to my door.

"No. But let's go." He gulped, smoothing down his shirt.

I took his hand and squeezed his fingers for reassurance as we walked into the house.

"Sophia? Is that you?" my father called from another room, probably the kitchen.

I led Scott over to where my parents were working. My mom was stirring something in a bowl while my dad was cutting up vegetables. They both looked up before my mom dusted her hands off and walked over. She reached out to hug Scott, patting his back comfortingly.

"Hello again, Scott. It's nice to see you."

"It's nice to see you too, Mrs. Grey."

"We've been over this, Scott."

He smiled adorably and shrugged as my father came over.  

"Hello Mr. Grey."

There was an awkward silence as my dad simply glared at Scott.

"Well, we're making pizza for dinner. I thought that Scott would enjoy that." My mom smiled as she walked back to her bowl of dough.

"Would you like any help?" Scott offered before I could pull him out of the room again.

"Well, the table will need to be set but not for a little while."

"Ok, Scott and I are going to go study." I told her, already heading towards the stairs.

We went up to my room, setting our bags down by the door.

"Ok, now will you tell me what was bothering you at practice?" he questioned, sitting down on my bed.

"It's probably nothing. In fact, it's definitely nothing. Don't worry about it. So, do you want to start with history or chemistry?"

"Yesterday you said that you trust me. Right?"

I started going through my bag, hoping he would drop the subject.

"Right?" he repeated, leaning forward to make me look at him.

"Yeah. I do."

"Then tell me. I don't care if it's nothing. I still want to know." He brushed my hair out of my face, tucking it behind my ear.

"I don't even know what it means. I mean, I do but it can't be right." I took out my notebook, flipping to the page where the drawing was. "I drew this today."

On the page was was a looped line, three spikes on either side of it. In between the spikes, as well as in the middle of the loop, were dots, representing circles.

"What is it?"

"It might not be anything. But if my memory is correct, it's an ancient symbol."

"What does it mean?"

I got up to walk over to my closet, pulling out a box and opening it up. "Come here."

He moved down next to me, still confused.

I grabbed the dark red book from the top and handed it to him. "I think it's in this one. I'll look in the others, just in case."

He pulled down the notebook so it rested between us then started going through his book.

After nearly an hour of looking, neither of us had found anything.

"This is dumb. I shouldn't have brought it up." I tossed the book aside with a groan, resting my head against the bed.