Owe

Sophie's POV

"Soph!" a voice called as the bell rang.

I shut my locker, a smile spreading onto my face at the sound of my boyfriend. I ran down the hall, laughing as I heard his footsteps running away.

"Scott! Wait, where are we going?"

"Just trust me." He returned the smile, grabbing my hand and running towards the door.

"What about class?"

Before he could answer, we pushed the doors open. The light blinded my eyes, making me instinctively cover them. I squinted, taking a moment to let my eyes adjust. I lowered my hand, looking around to see myself in a forest, the leaves breaking under my bare feet. I took a few steps forward, feeling something to drip onto my shoulder. I looked down to see my hair and clothes were now wet, leaving a trail behind me.

"Scott?" I tried, my voice quiet. "Scott?"

The only response was the sound of the wind moving through the trees as I stepped into a clearing. I saw the same tree I'd seen in my dream with Stiles and Lydia, only the base left. I walked towards it, trying to keep my breathing even. I saw a figure on the other side, their back turned to me.

"Scott?"

"You've been through this enough times to know I'm not your beloved boyfriend."

"What do you want?" I asked, my hands curling into fists at the sound of the chilling voice that had haunted my dreams for years.

"You owe us."

"I don't owe you anything."

"We saved you."

I heard the leaves behind me break, watching the woman from before step onto the tree. "I saved you. You wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for me." she corrected, her back facing me.

"Why? Why'd you do it?"

"Because our project can't die on us."

"Project?"

Another figure stepped out from behind me, joining the man. They all turned around to face me, their faces hidden but the purple of their eyes unmistakable.

"You owe us. You owe me. And I think it's time we got our reward." She moved to stand in front of me, her hand grabbing my jaw tightly.

I stared into her eyes, gasping as her lips pressed to mine. I pushed against her, feeling her grip become stronger. I heard the crack of my jaw breaking but felt no pain. She smiled as she pulled away, letting my limp body drop to the ground.

"You'll join us soon enough, little one. They're coming for you, for all of you. And when they do, you'll want us on your side." As she spoke, two more figures joined the other two, all of them staring directly at me. "You'll need us."

I screamed, sitting up straight in the bed. I heard a thud, Scott's groan following it. I raced for the bathroom, leaning over the toilet. I heard him follow me, a hand soon holding my hair back as I coughed up a silver liquid. I gasped for air, my legs caving under my weight.

"Soph? Are you okay? What's happening?"

"They're coming." I breathed, looking up at him with teary eyes. "They're coming for us."

Laila's POV

"You know, you should pry yourself off of Isaac for more than two seconds more often, tonight was pretty fun." Lydia admitted, driving us back home.

"Says the person who texted Jackson all night." I teased back, smiles appearing on both of our faces.

"Not all night. He stopped responding a few hours ago, maybe he fell asleep."

"I'm sure he did. It's pretty late." I checked my phone for the time, seeing a picture of Luke and Isaac both covering their eyes behind the large 1:00 A.M.

"It's not that late. We've done later."

"Not in a long time."

"You mean not since Isaac became your human pillow."

"Technically he's a werewolf."

"Werewolf pillow. My sincere apologies." She rolled her eyes before slowing the car down. "What's that up there?"

Not too far down the road was a man, his features hidden by the shadows. Something waved out from behind him, making me lock my door.

"Lydia? That man has a tail."

"Laila? That man is a lizard."

"Now's a good time to drive."

"Yeah." She pressed down on the gas, her tires screeching as the car remained still. "What's happening? It won't move."

"Lydia, he's coming closer, drive!"

"I'm trying!" she yelled back as it ran towards the car, jumping onto the hood.

We both screamed as it stared in through the window, a hiss escaping his throat. Its eyes locked onto Lydia's, another hiss coming from him. I grabbed her hand tightly, feeling her return the grip just as tightly. Its hand pressed to the glass, a slime dripping down from its clawed fingers. Another figure stepped out from the trees, this one seeming to be more human.

It was a girl, her hair covering the sides of her face as her eyes locked onto the other creature. She had similar scales down the left side of her body but her teeth were different, they were more like Isaac's or Scott's. They both looked at each other before she tackled the other off of the car. I grabbed my phone, taking a picture to show Isaac and the others.

"Lydia, go!"

She stepped on the gas, this time taking the car out of park. The car sped forward, the two fighting creatures soon disappearing into the mist.

"What the hell was that?" she screamed, her trembling hands gripping onto the steering wheel.

"I don't know. Whatever that was, it wasn't like Scott or Isaac or Erica or any of them. That was different."

Author's Note:

More creatures are being introduced!! What do you think will happen next?

I'll see you in my next chapter. BYEEE!!!