Getaway

Isaac's POV

"Did you see Laila today?" I asked Erica as we walked out of school.

"No."

"She wasn't in any of our classes or lunch and she won't answer any of my calls."

"Lydia wasn't here today either. Maybe they took a day off."

"Without telling me? Laila would never do that."

"Maybe she did."

"Why don't you ask Stiles for a ride home? I need to go see if she's at her house."

"She's fine, Isaac. Don't get worried. What if she's just sick?"

"Then I still want to check on her. I'll see you later." I ran over to the car, quickly turning it on.

I drove as fast as I could without breaking a law, my fingers held tight against the wheel.

I saw Mary's car in the driveway when I pulled up. I hoped Erica was right and Laila was just sick and Lydia had taken the day off to take care of her or something like that.

I knocked on the door, ringing the doorbell to make sure they'd heard. The door opened, revealing Mary.

"Oh hi, Isaac. What're you doing here?"

"Is Laila home?"

"No, she didn't tell you? She and Lydia decided to take a trip to Los Angeles last night. Why they decided to do it now instead of on winter break, I don't know." Mary frowned, shaking her head.

"Los Angeles?"

"Yeah. She left in the middle of the night and she didn't even pack any bags or bring any of her things. I honestly don't know what they were thinking. If she calls you, do you think you can try to convince her to come back?"

"Yeah, of course."

"Thanks, Isaac. Did you want to come in for a snack? Luke and I made some chocolate  chip cookies."

"No, it's ok, I should get home. But, if you hear from her again, will you let me know?"

"Sure. Why? She's not in trouble, is she?"

"I'm sure she's not. Don't worry, Mary. It's Laila."

"You're right. I'm sure she's not in too much trouble, if any. But before you go, let me go grab you a couple of cookies." Before I could protest, she turned and walked away.

She came back with some cookies wrapped up in a paper towel.

"Just curious, when was the last time you saw Laila?" I questioned as I took them with a smile.

"Yesterday. She and Lydia went out for some ice cream and then I got a text in the middle of the night saying she wouldn't be back for a couple of weeks. It's just so unlike her, you know? But like you said, she's probably fine."

"I'll try to call her a few more times. Thanks for the cookies."

She called a goodbye as I walked back to the car. I pulled out my phone, calling Laila again, just to see if she would answer. Of course, like the other ten times, she didn't.

Sophie's POV

"Make sure you're all paying attention." Bryn repeated before she and Derek demonstrated the fight move again.

Stiles, Scott and I were currently on the couch, Erica sat on the armrest next to Stiles.

"Laila's missing." Isaac nearly yelled, running into the loft.

"What?" Derek asked, pausing in trying to hold off Bryn's swing.

"She supposedly went on a trip to Los Angeles with Lydia. But she wouldn't do that. Not this close to winter break. She's missing."

"Well, let's calm down here, Isaac. Maybe she really did take a trip." Bryn tried, walking over to rest her hand on his shoulder.

"No, she didn't."

"He's right." another voice added as the Alpha pack walked in, as if they owned the place.

Scott's arm around me tightened as Erica's hand reached down to grab Stiles's.

"They're not on some getaway." Kali added, a smug look in her eyes.

Isaac growled before being held back by Bryn, stopping him from doing something he'd regret.

"If you want her back, it's very simple. Meet us at the train station on the full moon and you can take her back then."

"What have you done to her?" Isaac snapped, his eyes turning gold.

"Nothing yet, pup. But keep up with that attitude and your girl won't be so pretty anymore. I wonder what she'll look like with her face ripped off."

"Kali." the man with the walking cane scolded, shaking his head. "No harm will come to her or her friend. If you show up. If you don't or you try to arrive early, I won't be able to hold Kali back. I hope we see you, I like Laila. It'd be a pity to have to kill her."

Author's Note:

Isaac knows the Alphas took Laila! What do you think his next move will be?

I'll see you in my next chapter. BYEEEEE!!!