Number

Laila's POV

"We'll see you two soon. We'll try to visit more." My mother smiled at Luke and I, leaning down to hug him while I stayed in my spot, content in my father's arms.

I felt his lips press to my forehead as I looked up at him, his arms tightening around me before he went to hug Luke, my mother moving onto me.

"We'll call you when the plane lands. I love you."

"Love you." I muttered into her shirt, closing my eyes for a moment before we stepped away from each other.

Isaac and Mary came down the stairs, Mary hugging my parents next. I felt Isaac's hand take mine behind my back, his fingers tangling with mine.

"And Isaac, it was lovely to finally meet you." My mom held her arms out towards him, only one of his arms wrapping around her since I kept my hold tight on his hand.

"Keep my daughter safe and happy. I'm counting on you to do that." my dad instructed, keeping his voice stern.

"Of course, sir." Isaac squeezed my fingers as his other hand shook my father's.

"I'll drive you to the airport." Mary offered, grabbing her bag.

"I wanna go!" Luke insisted, reaching his arms up in a way of telling our mother to pick him up.

"Laila, Isaac? You two want to come too?" Mary turned to us as my dad gave me another quick hug, rubbing my back as he did.

"No, we'll stay here." I nodded my head, feeling my father press another kiss to my forehead before we all said our last goodbyes.

"Why didn't you go?" Isaac asked once they had left, shutting the door behind them.

"I already said my goodbyes. Luke needs more time with them than I do." 

"I liked them."

"They liked you too."

He smiled at that, his free arm slinging over my shoulders as he looked down at me. "Come with me."

"Where are we going?"

He started pulling me up the stairs, into my room. I paused in the doorway, a grin making its way onto my face at the sight.

While I was saying goodbye to my parents, he had been up here doing something. There was now a giant pile of pillows and blankets on my bed, making a fort. I could see several board games laying on the floor, as well as a few movies.

"You didn't get to have your perfect birthday so, I asked Mary for some help and she said those were your favorite movies and games. Although, I built the fort all by myself." he nearly bragged, looking smug, although there was a nervous look in his eyes, as if he was afraid I wouldn't like it.

"Have I ever told you how much of an amazing boyfriend you are?" I reached up to wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him down to my height to press my lips to his.

I got on my toes as his hands found my waist, pulling me closer. He pulled back slightly, pressing a kiss to my cheek instead.

"You can still tell me." he replied, making me laugh as I looked up at him.

"Come on. It's time for me to beat you in every game we own."

***

"You cheated!" I complained as Isaac won the game of Monopoly, a grin on his lips.

"I didn't. I won out of wit and pure talent."

"No, you know what, I'm going first this time." I grabbed the dice from him as he only laughed, rolling his eyes.

"You're a sore loser."

"No, I'm not-" I broke off as my phone rang, Lydia's name coming onto the screen.

I answered, putting the phone up to my ear.

"Laila, I need you to come to sheriff's station with me."

"Why? What happened?" I sat up straight, Isaac overhearing and leaning closer to hear the rest.

"I got a call saying someone was looking for me. Someone out of Eichen House."

Isaac's POV

"She walked all the way here and asked for you. She said she'd leave once she talked to you but in a minute, I'm going to have to call Eichen House and tell them she's here." Sheriff Stilinski warned, leading us to an office where I could see a girl sitting on the couch.

We walked into the office, the girl immediately looking over at Lydia.

"This is Meredith. Meredith, Lydia's here now."

"Why did you want to see me?" Lydia asked, crouching down in front of Meredith.

"You called me." she replied, as if it was obvious.

"What do you mean?"

"I heard you."

"You heard me?"

"You need help. You called me."

"What did I need help with?"

"The key."

At that word, all three of us straightened up, the Sheriff still looking slightly lost as we all moved closer.

"Do you know the key?" Lydia questioned, pulling out her phone. 

"The number."

"What's the number?"

"It's 2, 4...3, 6." Meredith's eyebrows furrowed as she concentrated before a happy look lit up her eyes.

"That's it?"

"That's the number."

Lydia straightened out of her crouch, nodding at the Sheriff to say it was alright to call Eichen House. "Meredith, before you go, can I ask you one more question?"

Meredith nodded her head, the smile still on her lips.

"What are you?"

"I'm the same thing you are."

"What's that?"

Meredith stood up, leaning in to whisper in Lydia's ear, quiet enough that the humans couldn't hear. "Banshee."  

Author's Note:

Meredith found them! What do you think will happen next?

I'll see you in my next chapter. BYEEEEEE!!!!