Tacos

Laila's POV

"Isaac!" Luke squealed, running over as I opened the door to let Isaac in.

He wrapped his arms around one of Isaac's legs, hugging it tightly.

"I got a new Spiderman puzzle and I got candy."

"You did?" Isaac smiled down at him, closing the door behind him.

"Yeah, you want to see?"

I couldn't help but laugh as the sight of my brother pulling Isaac into the living room, Isaac having to hunch over a bit. I followed them into the room, sitting down on the couch next to Isaac as Luke ran to get his new puzzle.

"You know, we're coming to the game tomorrow. Do you want us to bring anything?" I offered, turning to Isaac.

"You're really going to come?"

"Of course. All of us are."

He smiled at me, a look of amazement starting to spread into his eyes.

Luke came running back into the room, handing the bag of candy to Isaac before sitting down on the floor in front of him. He put the puzzle box down onto the table, twisting around to look up at us.

"What're you guys doing?"

"Nothing." I ruffled his hair, laughing when he made a noise of protest.

"What do you guys want for lunch?" Mary questioned, peeking into the room.

"Um, I don't know. What do you guys want?" I turned back to them, my eyes flickering from Isaac to Luke.

"Tacos!" Luke shouted, grinning to expose his missing tooth.

"Tacos it is." Mary turned for the kitchen, gesturing for me to join her.

We walked to the kitchen, her heading for the freezer while I went into the fridge. I pulled out the toppings as she started on the shrimp.

"Do you still like Isaac?" she suddenly asked.

"What?"

"Do you still have a crush on Isaac?"

"I never had a crush on Isaac."

"Well, he definitely has a crush on you."

"What do you mean?" I turned around to face her, folding my arms across my chest.

"Did you see the way he looked at you? That's not a 'we're friends and that's the way I want it to stay' look."

I opened my mouth to speak before turning back around to avoid the question, unsure of how to respond.

"So do you?" She moved to stand next to me, helping me wash off the vegetables.

"Do I what?"

"Have a crush on him."

"No! I mean, I don't know. I'm kind of with Aiden."

"Have you two gone a date?"

"No, not technically."

"Then you're technically not together. You should at least give Isaac a chance. Maybe he'll surprise you."

I looked down at the tomato I was washing, pursing my lips in thought. Maybe she was right.

"In fact, I think you should give him a chance right now. Hey Isaac!" she called, grabbing a towel to dry her hands off with.

"What're you doing?" I hissed, my eyes widening.