Assassin

Scott's POV

"What do you mean I have to stay here?" Sophie nearly yelled as I quickly grabbed my jacket, in a hurry to get to the loft.

"I mean, the last time something like this happened, I nearly lost you. I'm not letting that happen again."

"I'm not staying here." she refused, her arms folding across her chest.

"Sophie, we can talk about this later and you can be as mad at me as you want. I know, I'm horrible and I can't make you stay here but that's what I have to do to keep you safe."

"What if you get hurt?"

"I'll heal. You won't."

"I will. Eventually."

"Please just stay here. You can yell at me all you want later but I need to get to the loft."

"Then let me give you a ride. I can tell my mom we're going to the mall."

"No. It's not happening."

"And how do you intend to get there? By running? By the time you get there, everyone could be dead."

"You're not going."

"I'm going either way. I either go alone or you come with me."

"Why can't you just listen to me, just this once?"

"I'll listen to you about something later on. But not this."

I looked into her eyes, a sigh escaping my chest. "Please?"

"Give me a minute to get the keys."

Sophie's POV

"Isaac!" I called, running into the loft with Scott a few steps ahead of me.

We found the other werewolf in the middle of the chaotic room, currently being surrounded by four of the masked assassins.

All around us, Satomi and her pack were dealing with the others, growls echoing from every corner of the room.

I heard Scott let out a growl of his own before easily throwing aside two of the men, his eyes turning gold. Isaac and Scott quickly knocked the other down, both turning to me as I watched silently.

"Where's everyone else?" I yelled over the fighting, stepping closer to Isaac.

"Erica and Stiles are at the lake house, trying to figure out how to shut this whole thing down. I don't know where Derek is, I haven't seen him since last night."

I looked over his shoulder to see a man attempting to sneak up on Isaac, his knife lifted. I nodded my head at him, Isaac turning and grabbing the man's arms. Scott pulled his helmet off so I could punch him in the jaw, knocking him out as Isaac let him fall to the floor.

"Sophie, Laila's upstairs by herself. Can you go up there and make sure no one else gets to her? I have to find Derek." Isaac asked, already glancing around the room.

"Yeah." I began to walk towards the stairs, realizing Scott was following me as I stepped onto the first stair.

I paused, looking at him over my shoulder before an assassin came over, his gun raised. Both Scott and I were quick to grab his wrist, pulling him down to his knees so Scott could punch him before he did any damage.

"Scott, you have to stay down here." I told him as soon as he'd turned back to me, speaking before the man had even gotten a chance to slump down.

"No, I'm staying with you."