Fault

Scott's POV

"Scott! Hey Scott!" I heard Stiles yell, hearing him run towards the vault door.

He banged on the wall, realizing he didn't have a way to get in. I struggled to stay upright, my hands slipping against the wall.

"It's in there with you. They're called reishi mushrooms, it's in a jar on one of the shelves. It's the antidote."

I groaned as I tried to push myself onto my feet, hearing him continue to yell through the wall, his fists still beating against it.

I looked over at the others, Erica and Isaac both weakily trying to stay awake and failing. Sophie had passed out not too long ago, the sweat still forming on her face.

I sighed as my eyes shut, trying to concentrate on getting back up. I opened my eyes again, the room remaining black.

I moved my hands to the wall, using it as a guide to stand back up as my mind raced for a solution. I felt my heart racing, giving me an idea.

I closed my eyes again, letting my heart beat even faster as I leaned against the wall for support. My eyes snapped back open, the room edged in red.

I looked around the vault, seeing everyone collapsed on the floor. I saw something glowing on a shelf, beginning to make my way over to it.

My knees buckled from underneath me, making me fall to the floor. I used the crate next to me as support to push myself back up to my knees, managing to make it all the way to the shelf.

I reached my hand up, the tips of my fingers barely touching the glass of the jar. I strained to reach it, my entire body reaching for it.

I finally managed to push it off the edge, hearing it land with a loud shatter. A new scent began to fill the air, all of us gasping in the new air.

Laila's POV

I felt the wall began to move from behind me, making all of us turn around to watch it open. Scott was the first one to nearly fall out, his breathing heavy.

He looked up at Stiles as he patted his shoulder, his eyebrows furrowing. Stiles sighed, shaking his head as I let out the breath I hadn't realized I'd been holding.

I looked over Scott's shoulder, seeing Isaac slowly begin to push himself upright.

"Isaac!" I yelled, jumping to my feet to race over to him.

I nearly slid as I landed on my knees next to him, my hands immediately cupping his face to get him to look at me.

"What happened to you?" he questioned, his own hand coming up to rest on my jawline.

"Assassin." I answered casually, shrugging one of my shoulders.

"Why are you bloody?"

"This guy killed him. He saved my life, he saved all of our lives."

Isaac nearly tackled me in a hug, one of his arms going around my shoulders while the other wrapped around my waist to pull me into his lap. Mine went around his neck, my eyes squeezing shut.

"I'm never letting you out of my sight again." he whispered, pressing a kiss to my shoulder.

I let out a short laugh into his neck, lifting my head up to smile at him. "Never?"

"Never."

Sophie's POV

"Hey." I heard a voice mutter, a hand rubbing my shoulder.

I woke up slowly, my eyes fluttering open to look into Scott's. He helped me sit up, his hands staying on my shoulders.

"Scott?"

"It's ok. We're all ok."

I stood up, using his arms as support as he got up with me. I looked around the vault, seeing the broken shards of glass on the floor.

I turned back to Scott, throwing my arms around his neck as I leaned onto the tips of my toes. His hand rubbed my back as I hid my face in his shirt.

"I'm sorry." I whispered, hopefully too quiet for the others to hear.

"Why would you be sorry?"

"I didn't help you. I didn't know the antidote was sitting right over my shoulder the entire time. I didn't figure it out."

"Hey." He grabbed my chin gently, tipping it back to force me to look into his eyes. "None of this is your fault."

"Then why does it feel like it is? I could've turned around, Scott. I could've noticed the strange jar on the shelf. I could've stopped all of this."

"But you didn't know. And that's ok."

"You almost died. How is that ok?"

"You actually died." he reminded me, his hand grabbing onto mine. "I was right there. I could've moved, I could've protected you but I didn't know. So if all of this is your fault, then that was my fault too."

"That's different."

"How?"

"Because I don't blame you. It wasn't your fault."

"And I don't blame you for not knowing something that none of us knew."

"I should've though."

"You don't have to know everything." He stepped even closer to me, his free hand reaching out to rest on my waist.

"I do if not knowing gets you killed."

"I'm not dead. That's all that matters."

Erica's POV

"I knew you shouldn't have gone." I pointed out into Stiles's shoulder, feeling his hand rub my back soothingly.

"I'm ok. I've told you that a million times."

"It doesn't matter. He could've killed you."

"But he didn't."

I leaned back to inspect his face again, making sure the few blood splatters that were on his face weren't actually his.

"Erica, I told you I'm fine." He grabbed my wrists, stopping my hands from their nearly frantic movements.

I let them ball into fists, my eyes snapping up to meet his. "Never do that again."

"I can't promise anything."

I rolled my eyes before jumping back into his arms, my face burying into his neck. "I love you."

"I love you too."

Author's Note:

They're safe! What do you think will happen next?

I'll see you in my next chapter. BYEEEE!!!!