Trap

Sophie's POV

"Scott!" I called, running over to the abandoned warehouse Lydia had led us to.

He turned to face me, walking over to meet me halfway. His eyes went over my shoulder to Lydia and Laila climbing out of the Jeep, his eyebrows furrowing.

"Long story. Lydia led us here. Is Derek-"

"He's in there. Isaac and Erica are untying him and Bryn right now. I was just keeping watch."

"No one was guarding them?"

"Not that we can tell. Come on." His hand grabbed mine, pulling me into the warehouse.

Stiles, Lydia and Laila followed us in, the werewolves in the middle of the room all looking over at the noise.

"Laila? What're you doing here?" Isaac asked, straightening up.

"Lydia-it's a long story." she dismissed, her arms wrapping around her body to keep herself warm.

"You should leave. We don't know if whoever did this is still here."

She nodded her head, reaching out to grab Lydia's wrist. They turned to walk back out when someone stepped into the doorway.

"Kate?" Laila stepped back as we all tensed up at the new arrival.

"Hello girls." Kate took a few steps into the warehouse, shutting the door behind her so we couldn't leave. "What're you doing here?"

"We were just leaving, actually." Lydia spoke up, her head held high.

"Why? I just got here. Let's have a little chat, it's been a while since our last one." Kate looked over at me, pausing. "Greg's daughter. Oh my God. This is priceless. The huntress joins the wolves?"

"What'd you want with Derek?" I ignored her comment, biting back my own.

"God, you people are jumpy, aren't you? I just wanted to have a conversation with an old friend."

"So, you kidnapped him and tied him up?" Stiles snapped, his eyebrows lifting.

"Alright. I guess I have to be honest with you. I didn't want Derek."

"What?"

"I wanted you. The pack. Derek was just a lure."

"What do you want with us?"

"Don't you know how this works by now?"

I pulled my bow out, letting the bag drop off my shoulder.

"Well, at least one of you seems to be able to keep up."

"Kate, you don't have to do this." Laila tried, still standing in between Kate and the rest of us.

"Oh, I'm not the one doing it."

As she spoke, two large creaturse stepped out from behind her, wearing animals masks and bone armor. I briefly remembered my father telling me the story of Beserkers but I'd never seen in them in person.

Kate smiled, stepping back as they moved forward. They easily shoved Laila and Lydia to the side, pausing to look at the rest of us.

I heard a few growls coming from behind me as I slid an arrow out of my quiver.

Derek was the first one to move, charging for one of them. Everyone else followed, Bryn and Isaac helping Derek while Erica and Scott took on the other. 

I loaded the arrow, quickly shooting it at one of them. I grabbed Stiles's shirt sleeve, pulling him along with me as I moved to the side.

"This isn't going as planned." he muttered, pointing out the obvious as I shot another arrow.

"Just stay behind me."

I heard the sound of an arrow, followed by a gunshot. I felt Stiles's arm move to cover my head, pulling me closer to him.

I turned to see shadowed figures lining the windows, armed with several different weapons.

"The dead pool." I realized, stepping away from Stiles to look over at the pack. "It's a trap."

The sound of rapid gunfire brought me back to reality, watching as the assassins jumped down from the hiding spots. They ran over to the pack, their weapons continuing to fire as everyone tried to duck out of the way.

Derek and Lydia ended up next to Stiles and I, everyone else on the other side of the room. The two Berserkers seemed to disappear for the moment, all thought of them gone with the new enemies.

"There's too many!" Derek yelled over the loud noises, wincing as a bullet hit his side.

"What do we do then?"

"Follow me."

His hand grabbed my arm as he crouched down and ran over to another room of the warehouse, shutting the door even though we all knew it wouldn't hold them off.

"We have to get out of here."

"And go where? They'll just follow us." Stiles pointed out, shrugging his shoulders.

Derek didn't have time to answer, the door bursting open as more assassins came into the room. Derek pushed me behind one of the piles of boxes, both of us kneeling on the floor as they shot at us.

I pulled out of my exploding arrows, waiting for what I hoped would be the right moment. I stood up, shooting the arrow out into the middle of the room.

The light blinded them long enough that Derek could knock down three of them and get the weapons off another two.

I felt something scratch my side, making me let out a gasp. I ducked behind the boxes again, lifting my shirt up enough to see a bullet had grazed my side, thankfully not actually piercing the skin.

I pressed my hand against the wound for a moment before loading up another arrow. I took a deep breath before stepping back out.

Laila's POV

I heard the gunfire slow down, the growling fading to a stop. I peeked out from behind the door I'd been using as a shield, seeing the room much emptier than it had been a moment ago.

"You ok?" Isaac asked, running back over to me.

"Yeah. What happened?"

"I don't know. They all just left."

"Where's Sophie?" Scott questioned, looking around the room as he realized the blonde was missing.

"I saw her and the others go into that room."

"Was Lydia with them?" I grabbed his arm, pulling his attention back to me.

"Yeah, I think so."

"Do you think it's over?"

"No. Something's off here. They wouldn't just leave."

"They didn't." Scott informed, his eyes looking over at the windows where the assassins had gone back to.

"They're...waiting." I muttered, my eyes looking back to Isaac in search for an answer.

He moved to stand next to Scott, everyone now watching the assassins.

I felt something pierce my chest, my breath catching as I looked down to see a bloodied knife.

"Laila!" Isaac yelled, running back over to me.

I lifted my hand to the wound, not fully sure what had happened. I turned my head to see one of the Berserkers walking back over to Kate, who only smiled at me as I felt my body drop back.

Author's Note:

Laila was stabbed! What do you think will happen next?

I'll see you in my next chapter. BYEEE!!!