Claws

Greg's POV

"So, Greg, tell me about your daughter." Marcus said as he eyed the Alpha.

"She's a lovely girl, strong and stubborn just like her mother."

"I would say she was more like her father, Greg. In ways she hasn't told you yet."

"What do you mean?"

"Why don't you go check on her? I bet she could use a nice daddy-daughter moment right now." He smiled at me before returning to the Alpha.

I stared at him in confusion before going out into the kitchen.

"Khloe. Where's Sophia?" I asked, searching the room. Nothing.

"She's up in her room."

I ran up the stairs and knocked on the door a few times. "Sophia! It's me. I want to talk to you for a minute."

No answer. I sighed and tried a few more times. "Please? I just want to talk." Still nothing.

I opened the door, leaning in to find it empty. I checked in every place imaginable, hoping she was just playing one of the games she used to play as a kid and that she would be hidden under the bed or in the closet.

I then looked over to her window, which was pushed open. I leaned out into the cool night breeze, hoping she was just in the backyard. Of course not.

Sophie's POV

I walked through the woods, keeping quiet. I heard branch snap and turned in the sound's direction.

A shadowed figure stepped forward, the moon lighting his face up and revealing the fangs and golden eyes. He looked so familiar but I couldn't figure out where he was from.

He growled at me, coming closer. "Where's Derek?"

"Why do you ask? For all I know, he's probably dead by now."

The wolf snarled and prepared to lunge at me when there was another howl, this one coming from the direction of the house. He took off for it before I could make another move, quickly disappearing into the trees.

"Sophia?!" my father's voice called, sounding decently far but still too close for comfort.

I ran in the other direction, moving as fast as I could while remaining quiet. I made it out of the trees and found myself in front of a burned down house. The Hale house. Or what was left of it.

I walked onto the porch, slowly reaching my hand out to push the door open. I tripped over something, nearly falling before something caught me and held me up.

"Are you hurt?" a husky voice asked, my boyfriend's face dimly lit. 

"No. I'm fine." 

The hands around my waist tightened, the claws beginning to press against the fabric of my shirt. "I hear footsteps."

I glanced up at Scott, listening carefully. I heard my dad's voice, along with a few others. I grabbed Scott's hand and led him down into the basement. The Hales had their own little setup going, a few hooks on the wall with a heavy door that didn't seem like it'd be easy to knock down. I attached Scott's chains to one of the hooks, making sure they were tight.

"Ok. I'm going to leave but here's your phone. When you shift back, call me and I'll come get you out. Stay here. Please."

He nodded, keeping his head down towards the floor.

I leaned in to kiss him, tangling my fingers into his thick brown hair. I heard him growl and then his hands were back on my waist, pulling me into his lap. 

"Mine." he muttered against my lips, making a small smile spread onto my lips despite the situation.

"Sophia! We knew you're in there." I heard my dad call, bringing me back to reality.

I pulled away from Scott and went to stand up but he pulled me back down.

"Mine?"

I sighed, knowing it was just the full moon talking. "Yes yours but I have to go." I tugged at his wrists, wincing as his claws suddenly dug into my sides, not breaking the skin.

"Mine." he grumbled, pressing his face into my neck.

"Scott, I can't stay with you right now. I'll see you later, I promise."

His lips pressed against my throat as he shook his head.

"Scott, I'm not asking." I gave him a small push, halfheartedly. If I could've, I would have stayed in his warm arms all night. But right now, I had my father looking for me and when he wanted something found, it was found.

His claws ripped small holes into my shirt as the grip started becoming uncomfortable, the points beginning to press against my skin.

"Scott, that hurts."

The small pain went away instantly and the next thing I knew, I was across the room, far away from him.

"Go. Now." he snapped, hiding his face in his drawn up knees.

"Scott."

"Now!" He looked up, bearing his fangs and snarling.

I jumped to my feet and leaned down to give him one last kiss, to show I wasn't mad. He hadn't managed to actually knick the skin, he just put a little too much pressure on it.

"I'll see you in the morning." I whispered before running up the stairs. I closed and locked the door, leaning against it and taking a few breaths. I worked up my courage, thought of a reasonable lie, then headed out to face my father.

Author's Note:

Hello everyone! Sorry I didn't post anything yesterday!

I will see you boogles in my next chapter. BYEE!!!