Jeep

Sophie's POV

"I still think we should at least try to look for her." Isaac insisted, resting his head on his fist.

We were currently sat at a table during lunch, none of us really eating, only picking at our food.

"Derek said not to." Erica dismissed, shaking her head.

"What's the worst that can happen?"

"We get caught and we all get killed, including your little obsession."

"I don't think they will." I added quietly, more to myself than to them.

"What?"

"Think about it. Right now, they have a hold over you, over us. If they kill her, they lose that. And-" I paused, remembering the purple-eyed man's words from the other day. "They say predators love the hunt more than the kill."

"They're toying with us." Scott muttered, his eyebrows furrowing.

"Exactly. And people like them, people with power, think they can get away with anything."

"I say we show them they can't." Isaac suggested, leaning forward and letting his hand drop back onto the table.

"Let's not be dumb about this. Derek said we can't." Erica repeated, glaring at him.

"Scott? What do you think?" Isaac turned to my boyfriend, who only gave him a confused look. "You said it yourself. If it were Sophie, would you be sitting here and waiting? If you didn't know whether or not she was alive, if she was hurt, if she was scared and there was nothing you could do about it? Would you still say we wait?"

"Der-" Erica started but was quickly cut off by Isaac. 

"Or if it was Stiles?"

Everyone fell silent and I tried to put myself into Isaac's shoes. If it was Scott, I'd be chomping at the bit to find him too. And I would want the pack's help and support with that.

I nodded my head, sitting up straight. "I'll go with you."

"Me too." Scott agreed, taking my hand under the table.

"You guys are idiots." Erica snapped, rolling her eyes. "Count me in."

"I'll drive." Stiles offered, putting his sandwich down. "I'm sure I can find another bat."

"No! No more bats. I had to tell my mom you stole our last one." Scott quickly shot down, frowning.

"Borrowed. I borrowed it, I didn't steal it."

"What are we waiting for? Let's go." Isaac urged, standing up.

"School's not over yet." Scott complained as Erica and Stiles got up too.

"And two of the Alphas are here, far away from their pack." I pointed out, looking over at him. "Now's the best shot we've got."

***

"Where exactly did you get these?" Stiles asked as I began loading up a gun.

"My dad's big on safety. The whole better safe than sorry thing."

"So he bought you several different forms of lethal weapons?"

"My dad's a bold man." I held out the gun to him, along with a small dagger. "Just in case."

"Hey listen. You're not gonna tell anyone about what I said the other day, right? It's kind of private." He lowered his voice even though the werewolves were all the way out in the Jeep.

"Of course. As long as you do the same."

"Uh, yeah, totally."

"Does anyone else know? About your nightmares?"

"Just my dad."

"Not even Scott?"

"I figured it wasn't his problem. He has a tendency to worry about other people and if he knew, he'd freak out about it so we need to keep this as quiet as we can."

"I got it."

He gave me a small smile as I finished loading up the weapons, tucking them into straps wrapped around my hips. I grabbed the case of my bow and an extra dagger before leading the way out.

"Hey, where's your mom?"

"Out shopping."

"And your dad?"

I faltered in my step, biting my lip before shrugging. "I don't really know."

I locked the door behind us then we ran for the Jeep. I climbed onto Scott's lap, the backseat already cramped enough with Erica and Isaac's long legs.

"Should we call Derek?" Scott questioned, pulling out his phone. "Maybe he'll meet us when we find the place and help out."

"Right. Turn right." Isaac instructed to Stiles, pointing out the window. "He'll just yell at us."

"Not if we're already there."

"Do it." I commented, readjusting in my uncomfortable position of having my bow case take up most of our leg room. "But not until we get there."

Isaac's POV

"Hey Mary. I'm sorry to bother you but I think I left my jacket here the other night." It wasn't a lie, I had technically left my jacket here but it had quickly become Laila's.

"Oh sure. Did you want me to get it for you?"

"No, it's fine. I'll just run and get it."

She smiled and opened the door so I could come inside. I jogged up the stairs, into Laila's room. I walked over to her closet, trying to find something with a strong scent. They all had faint ones but nothing fresh.

I then saw a shirt thrown on the bed, the scent seeming decently fresh. I rolled up the shirt and grabbed my jacket off the chair, hiding the shirt underneath it. I went back downstairs, calling a thank you and goodbye to Mary.

I closed the door, running over to the Jeep. Stiles drove out into the forest before Scott, Erica and I got out again. We all sniffed the shirt then began trying to find a scent.

Before we could get far, Sophie got out of the car. "Ok, so these are emitters. They're going to let out a really high pitched sound, one that only dogs or in this case werewolves can hear. When you find wherever they're keeping Laila and Lydia, run a mile or two away and press down here. And then get out of there as fast as you can."

"How did you-" Erica started but Sophie shook her head.

"I'll explain it later. What matters right now is finding the girls." She handed each of us one of the emitters before giving Scott a quick kiss. "Be careful. Text Stiles when you find it, he'll bring the Jeep over."

"And then what?"

"We'll deal with that later."

Author's Note:

They're going to try to find Laila and Lydia! Do you think they will? Where do you think they're keeping Laila and Lydia?

I'll see you in my next chapter. BYEEEEE!!!!!