Dad

Derek's POV

"You're sure they're here?" I questioned, getting out of the car.

"There's nowhere else they would be." Bryn answered, running towards the trees before she froze.

"What is it?"

"Something's wrong. This isn't right."

She took off again, in a different direction this time.

"Bryn!"

I ran after her, following her over to the lookout point. My pace slowed down as I noticed the scent in the air.

"Bryn?"

She slowed to a walk, moving over to stand in front of the limp bodies. "It's her pack."

I stayed silent, lifting my hand to place it on her shoulder.

"She's not here."

"She might be alive then."

"They weren't killed by gun though, Derek. Nothing man-made. They were poisoned. What if it's a timed thing? What if she was just able to run away, get far enough that we can't catch her scent? What if she-"

"She's always found ways to survive."

She turned around, her eyes looking up at me. "I need to find her."

"I'll help you."

She nodded, glancing over her shoulder at the bodies of her mother's pack. She then turned back and hid her face in my neck, one of her hands reaching out to rest on my side.

I sighed before letting my arms wrap around her, one of my hands rubbing her back as the other squeezed her shoulder.

Sophie's POV

"So, you know about all of this?" Melissa clarified, coming over to the door as I was about to leave.

"Yeah. I know it must be a lot to take in, especially all at once. If you have any questions, you can always ask Scott or I." I offered, sending her a small smile before turning back to Scott.

He pressed a quick goodbye kiss to my lips before I turned to open the door. I paused when there was a tall man in the doorway, his hand raised to knock.

"Hello." I greeted, looking over at Scott as his eyes widened.

"Dad?"

"Hi Scott." the man replied, looking at Scott then Melissa. "Melissa."

"What're you doing here?" she asked, her hand reaching out to rest on the door, as if ready to shut it.

I stepped out of the way, instead standing next to Scott as my hand grabbed his.

"I'm in town to investigate the murders. And I heard about the people who tried to set you on fire, Scott. I came to make sure you were ok."

"I'm fine." he muttered, his hand tightening around mine.

"Good. I think we all have a lot to talk about so, can I come in?"

"You have ten minutes." Melissa accepted, letting him in before following him into the living room.

"Do you want me to stay a bit longer?" I whispered to Scott as his eyes flickered back to mine.

"No, it's ok. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Alright, call me if you need me to come over."

"It's alright, go have dinner with your mom."

I reached up to give him another kiss before turning and walking down the porch. I walked the short distance between our houses, letting myself into mine.

I noticed my father walking around without his cane, his steps still slow.

"How are you feeling?" I grinned, watching as he made his way over to me.

"I got bored of the cane. I think everything's healing up nicely. Your mother thinks I need to rest more but I think I'll fine by next week."

"Does it still hurt?"

"Not really. Nothing I can't handle."

"Well, don't push yourself too far. Do you want me to help you to the couch?"

"I've got it. Don't worry about me. I'll be back to normal before you know it."

Laila's POV

"The goal is to get the ball into the net. You have to get around me first though, alright?" Isaac lectured, tossing the lacrosse ball up into the air as he talked.

"Got it."

"And Mary, you're goalie."

"What about me?" I teased as she ran over to stand in between the two chairs we'd declared as goal.

"You're the referee."

"Then shouldn't I be the one telling him the rules?"

"Do you know how to play lacrosse?"

"Well, no but I've seen you play it. It doesn't look all that hard."

"Oh, really?"

I smiled, shrugging my shoulders as I walked over to grab the ball from his hand. "It looks easy."

He stared at me with a mock glare, Luke giggling as he watched us.

"I think you can beat him, Luke." I encouraged, looking down at my brother.

"You think I'll be as good as Isaac?"

"With some practice, sure."

When I looked back up at Isaac, his gaze had turned back into the ever-familiar fascinated look.

"Right, Isaac?"

"Yeah, but it does take a lot of practice." he agreed, turning back to Luke.

"Well, why don't we start practicing then?" Mary called, pulling her hair up into a ponytail.

"Referee, the rules." Isaac demanded as I tried to think about what normally happened in a lacrosse game.

"Oh." I murmured, making Isaac's smile turn smug.

"Not so easy, is it?"

Author's Note:

Bryn and Derek found Satomi's pack, Scott's dad's in town and Lilaac's playing lacrosse with Luke. What do you think will happen next?

I'll see you in my next chapter. BYEEEE!!!!!!!