Argent

Laila's POV

"I don't understand." Lydia admitted, giving up on figuring out the code.

We had switched the numbers if every way we could but nothing worked.

She crumbled up the paper we'd written the numbers onto, throwing it onto the desk. Isaac sighed, grabbing the laptop and continuing to try different orders, different spacings, anything that came to mind.

We were still sat in the sherriff's office, waiting for Meredith to leave. I looked down at the crumpled up piece of paper, noticing the numbers on the phone sat on the desk.

"What if they're not numbers? What if they're letters?" I suggested, turning the phone around so Lydia could see.

She quickly grabbed the notepad and a pen, writing down all the letters of the numbers Meredith had told us. She paused, her eyebrows furrowing before she circled a few letters. Aiden.

Isaac handed her the laptop, getting up to stand behind her as she typed in the new name. Soon, more names began popping up, confirming the keyword.

"What does Aiden have to do with all of this?" I asked, more to myself than the others.

"Maybe if we knew who Allison was, we'd be able to figure it out." Lydia pointed out, shrugging her shoulder as she looked over the list.

I didn't recognize any of the names besides the first. Kate Argent. Argent. "Lydia, remember that girl we met in France?"

"Which one?"

"The one with brown hair, her mom did something with fashion. Her name was Allison."

"Well, how do you know she has anything to do with this?"

"Allison Argent."

Her eyes widened, moving back to the screen. "Kate."

Sophie's POV

"They broke the second part of the list." Isaac told us as he, Lydia and Laila walked into Stiles's room.

"What? How?" I asked, standing up to take the laptop from Lydia.

"Aiden. The second key is Aiden." Laila added, obviously confused by all of this.

"And tell them about Allison." Isaac muttered to her, reaching down to take her hand.

"We knew Allison. Briefly. One summer, we were visiting Mary's aunt in France and we met an Allison Argent."

"Kate had a niece named Allison." I realized, turning and typing in the new keyword.

"What happened to her?"

"She died. By a werewolf attack, actually. I went to her funeral too."

"Does your family know the Argents or something? Why have you gone to all of their funerals?" Stiles questioned, folding his arms across his chest as the new list printed out.

"It's a sign of respect, in a way. You show them that they can pull through it. It's really just to add fuel to the fire. The angrier the hunter, the more kills."

"So, Allison's father must be a joy to be around."

"He also lost his wife."

"Great. That's fantastic."

"If it helps, I didn't go to that funeral."

"I thought it was a sign of respect."

"I've never been a fan of going to a stranger's funeral, pretending I knew who they were. I convinced my parents to leave me at home. Besides, my father owes Chris. I don't."

"I'm lost." Laila whispered to Isaac, forgetting she had another werewolf in the room.

"We don't really have time to explain right now. I promise once this is all done, we'll all sit down and answer all of your questions." Scott comforted, sending her a small smile.

"I just have one that I need to be answered right now. What do I do next?"

"Now, we have to figure out what this all means."

"Can I help?"

"That'd be great, actually. Come here, I'll try to catch you up.".

Author's Note:

They figured out the second key! What do you think will happen next?

I'll see you in my next chapter. BYEEEE!!!!