Code

Laila's POV

"So, what do you want today? We can do whatever you want." Isaac offered as he led the way outside, his hand pulling me along.

"I want to go home and play board games and maybe try to watch a movie." I admitted, pulling him to a stop to see his reaction.

"That's it? You don't want to go out for dinner or go get ice cream or anything?"

"Next week's the winter festival and Christmas. There will be plenty of time to celebrate. It's how it's always been."

"So on Christmas you'll let me take you somewhere?"

"I don't know. Maybe. But for now, I want it to be like any other day."

He sighed, rolling his eyes as he stepped closer to me. "Really?" he tried again, his eyes moving back to mine.

"Yeah. If it makes you feel better, you can make the popcorn."

"So, the biggest thing I'm doing to celebrate your birthday is sticking popcorn into a microwave."

"Well, you also have to pour it into a bowl." I teased, a smile pulling my lips up as he gave me a mock glare.

"Fine, just because it's your birthday, I'll let this one slide. But next year, we're doing something."

"So, I'll meet you at my house in a bit?"

"Actually, you are coming with me." He grabbed my waist to stop me from walking away, beginning to lead me over to his car again.

"What about Erica?"

"Stiles is taking her home."

He opened the door for me, making me smile at the small gesture as I got in.

"Ok, last chance, if you want to go somewhere, you should tell me now." he warned as he started the car, his eyes glancing over at me.

I shook my head, letting out a laugh as I shifted around to get comfortable. "Home."  

Sophie's POV

"What are you doing? We were supposed to go to Deaton's." I reminded Stiles as he started driving in the direction of his house after dropping Erica off.

"Yeah, well, we need to make a stop first."

I leaned back into the seat, all of us silent the rest of the ride. Scott and I were trying to figure out what Stiles had planned while he drove. I was still unsure about having other people helping but it was somewhat of a relief. To have someone else there, figuring it out with me, pointing out things I might have missed.

My thoughts were interuppted as the Jeep pulled to a stop, Scott getting out so I could jump out as well. I heard another car door slam, turning my head to see Danny walking over.

"Ok, so what did you need me to do?" Danny asked, obviously annoyed already.

"I just need your help with something. Come on." Stiles led the way into his house, up to his room.

He got out his laptop, setting it on the desk as he gestured for Danny to take a seat.

"What exactly am I doing?"

Scott and I watched from behind them, still trying to put two and two together.

"If I give you a code, will you be able to tell what it is?" Stiles questioned, pulling out Lydia's notebook.

"Maybe. Depends on the code."

"Well, here." He opened the book, flipping to the pages he needed.

"What is this?"

"It's a thing for this online gaming community. Can you figure it out?"

"Why can't you?"

"Because I need someone who knows what they're doing. So, can you?"

"I'll try." Danny sighed, grabbing the notebook to get a closer look.

Stiles stood up, walking back to join us as we looked up at him.

"You think it's a code?" I whispered, folding my arms across my chest.

"It reminded me of one and I figured we don't have much to lose, so we should at least try it."

"An online gaming community?"

"You have something better?"

Scott laughed to himself, making both of us look over at him.

"What's so funny?" I questioned, still trying to keep my voice quiet.

"Nothing." He shook his head, the grin still on his face.

"I think I got it." Danny announced, glancing back at us. 

We all immediately walked over to look at the screen, a keyword needed to continue.

"What's the password?"

"You can't figure it out?" Stiles picked up the notebook, looking through it to see if it mentioned anything about a keyword.

"No, I'm assuming one of you know."

"Thanks, Danny. I think we've got it from here."

"Alright." Danny shook his head as he stood up, probably beyond confused.

"Should we call Lydia?" I suggested, sitting down in the chair in front of the laptop.

"Yeah. There's nothing about a password or a keyword or anything like that."

"What about 'code?'" I muttered to myself, typing in the word to see if it worked. 

Nope.

"'Code?' Really?" Stiles parroted, imitating my words from earlier.

"Do you have anything better?"

Isaac's POV

"I didn't even have time to get you a present. You know, next time something big is coming up, I want a warning." I complained to Laila as we walked up to her door.

"I'm sorry! I forgot, I wouldn't even have noticed if Lydia hadn't pointed it out."

"Remind me to thank Lydia."

"Ok." she laughed, turning around and pressing her lips to mine. 

Her arms wrapped around my neck as I opened the door, both of us stumbling because we couldn't see where we were going. She let out another laugh, pressing another kiss to my lips as my hands found her waist.   

"Well, I certainly hope this is Isaac." a voice said, making us break apart.

I looked over to see a woman standing by the doorway to the kitchen, a man walking over to stand next her.

"Mom? Dad?"

Author's Note:

Laila's parents are in town! What do you think their reaction will be to Isaac?

Happy holidays!!

I'll see you in my next chapter. BYEEEE!!!!