Rushed Decision

Sophie's POV

"What if the Alpha pack was after Kate too? And she just used us as an excuse to kill them?" Stiles suggested, throwing the small lacrosse ball into the air as he kicked his feet onto the desk.

"Where does Laila tie into that then?" I pointed out, looking down at the notes we'd written in our desperate attempts to put the pieces together.

"Kate murdered an entire family, burned their house down and apparently came back from the dead. I'm pretty sure she's not completely sane."

"But she's not dumb either. She had a reason for talking to Laila. She knew exactly what she was doing."

"Maybe-" he cut off when his phone rang, making him lean over to grab it.

He looked down at the screen, his eyebrows furrowing.

"There was a murder last night. Multiple, actually."

"What does that have to do with us?"

"Because it was done with a tomahawk."

My mind flashed back to last night's events, remembering the axe-like weapon the man had used. "It's the same person."

"There was a survivor. Sean. He's in the hospital right now."

"I think we should go investigate."

"Yeah. Come on." We started to get up when Scott stepped in front of us.

"Hold on. We should think about this for a minute."

"It's been thought about. Scott, we don't know who's next, we need to act fast before it's too late." I tried, grabbing Stiles's arm to try to lead him out of the room.

"We also don't know if there is a next." Scott said, still in between us and the doorway.

"Just to be sure, we should at least find out more. Now, are you coming or not?"

"Yeah, I guess. Are you absolutely sure we should be doing this?"

"Not really. But we have to."

Stiles drove us over to the hospital as I read out information on the murders, revealing that it had been Sean's family and that he had escaped and ran all the way to the hospital before collapsing.

We walked into the hospital as I handed Stiles his phone back, both of us exchanging a look before we all paused.

"So, how do we get to Sean? I don't think they'll let us just walk in." Scott murmured, making sure no one overhead us.

"They might if they think we're family." Stiles muttered back, shrugging his shoulders.

Scott pulled out Stiles's phone again, to the picture of Sean, making it clear that neither of them looked anything like him.

"Really distant reletaives." Stiles's eyes then moved over to me, pausing before he held his phone up next to my face.

They both squinted at me before nodding their heads, Stiles gesturing at me.

"You've got to be kidding." I sighed, rolling my eyes.

"You're the only one that might be able to pass for a family member." Stiles nearly whined, lifting the phone so I could see it.

"Except all of his family members are dead."

"Say you're a cousin."

"That's the dumbest plan I've ever heard."

"Yeah, and what do you got?"

"Anything but that."

"Yeah, well, at least try." He gave me a small push towards the front desk, waving me forward when I only glared at him.