Meal

Laila's POV

"Laila, your phone." Isaac grumbled, his voice muffled by the pillow as I scrunched my face up in displeasure at the the loud ringing going through the room.

"Not mine. Yours."

"Will you answer it for me?"

"You're closer."

"Please?"

I sighed, not bothering to hold back any of my weight as I leaned across his back to grab the phone on the nightstand. I rested my head on the back of his shoulder as I answered it, yawning out a greeting.

"Laila? Is Isaac there?" Scott's voice was frantic, obviously worried about something.

My barely awake brain didn't seem to process that, my head nodding before I realized he couldn't see me. "Yeah, he's asleep."

"Will you please wake him up? Tell him to come to my house. It's important."

"Scott, what's wrong?"

Isaac's head lifted up, his body shifting around to look at me. I gave him a confused look, shrugging my shoulders before turning my attention back to Scott.

"Just please, come over at soon as you can."

"Ok, we'll be there in a minute."

Scott's POV

"What do you mean Sophie's gone?" Stiles parroted, his arms folded across his chest.

"I mean, she was supposed to come over last night and she never did. And when I went over to check on her, she wasn't at her house."

"Were her parents there?"

"Her dad was. He said her and her mom went out."

"Ok, some mother-daughter bonding time. Why is that a bad thing? Why is that something you called us at eight in the morning for?"

"Because I don't think they're just shopping. I think they're hunting."

"Hunting? Like deer hunting or werewolf hunting?"

"Werewolf."

"I'm still not getting why you're worried. She's with her mother, a trained hunter."

"Because Sophie doesn't want to do that. And because it's dangerous. She's a member of the pack, what happens when a member gets seperated from the pack?"

"They die."

"Exactly."

"But Scott, I'm sure her mom didn't force her to go. She's fine. You're worrying over nothing."

"Really? Because last time I checked, her and her mother were on their way to kill something and that something isn't going to be happy. What if they get hurt?"

"Then they learn. You can't protect her from everything, Scott, especially not her own mother." Stiles snapped, pushing away from the desk.

"I have to protect her! She died, Stiles! You died and so did Laila. I could've protected all of you but I didn't. And I'm not losing her again." My voice fell quiet towards the end of my outburst, falling back to sit on the bed.

"Scott." Laila spoke up this time, coming to crouch down in front of me as she gave me a small smile. "You did everything you could that night. It wasn't your fault, none of us blame you, especially not Sophie."

"You have to let it go." Stiles added, the annoyed look that had been on his face gone. "We're fine now, that's all that matters."

"You guys don't understand it." Isaac argued, stood next to the bed, his eyes locked on the floor. "You don't know how it felt to watch the one person you were meant to protect die in your arms. You don't know what it was like to hear your heartbeats stop. It's not something we can just let go."

"But it is something you shouldn't blame yourselves for. It's not like you were the ones who killed us. If I had been paying more attention, if I had moved to the side, maybe I would've been ok. But I didn't." Laila pointed out, her gaze moving over to him.

"You didn't know."

"Neither did you. None of us did. And none of us should blame ourselves for something that we had no control over."

We all fell silent after that, taking in her words.

"I'm sorry I called you all over here." I muttered, locking my hands together.

"It's ok. I would've done the same thing." Isaac comforted, holding his hand out towards Laila to help her up.

"You guys should probably get going. Get back to sleep."

"I'll stay here." Stiles offered, already dropping back down onto my bed.

"Isaac, can you drive me back to loft?" Erica asked, walking over to the door.

He nodded his head, pulling Laila over to the exit. "Yeah. Let us know when Sophie gets back. And Scott, don't worry so much. I'm sure she's fine."

Sophie's POV

"Stop pouting. You're a bit too old for temper tantrums." my mother ordered, barely giving me a glance.

"It's not a tantrum, it's a protest. If you're gonna drag me all the way up to Portland against my will, then I'm not going to be in the most talkative mood."

"Look, I know you don't believe me but this is good for you. Maybe you can get your first kill."

"Why is that something that's celebrated?"

"It isn't. But when animals go wild, sometimes they can't be tamed."

"They aren't animals. They're humans."

"Not all of them are, Sophie. Why are you all the sudden against this? A year ago, you were begging to go on hunts."

"I've never wanted to kill them."

"You think I do?"

"How do we know there isn't a cure? How do we know we can't help them gain control?"

"Because they don't want that. They love being out of control, they love the power it gives them. Not all of them have their humanity left, Sophie."

"What about the ones that do? Would you kill them just because they grow fangs when the full moon comes?"

"We don't kill them unless they've done something bad."

I let out a huff, turning my head away to look out the window again. I was jolted forward, my head hitting the window as something hit the side of the car. The car tipped onto its side, my mom and I both held in place by our seatbelts. I felt pieces of glass fall onto my face as I groaned, my hand coming up to my head.

"Sophie?" my mom mumbled, slowly opening her eyes.

I didn't have a chance to respond before something shoved the car further, causing it to roll onto its roof. I coughed as the seatbelt pressed against my throat, quickly unbuckling it. I fell forward onto the roof, taking a moment to regain my senses as I reached for my door.

Before my hand could touch the handle, the door was ripped off its hinges, a clawed hand coming in to yank me out of the car. I was thrown onto the ground harshly, hearing my mother land next to me.

I slowly looked up to see an Alpha, a very angry Alpha. He had twelve members behind him, all of them staring at us as if we were their next meal. Which I was beginning to think we were.

Author's Note:

Sophie and her mom are with the new pack!! What do you think will happen next?? And TW is back I'm so excited!

I'll see you in my next chapter. BYEEE!!!!