Presents

Laila's POV

"Laila, Lydia, wake up!" Luke's voice yelled as something shook the bed.

I groaned before opening my eyes and turning my head towards my brother, who only continued jumping on the bed.

"It's Christmas!"

Lydia sighed, burying her face in the pillow as I glanced over at the clock. It was eight in the morning but it felt like I'd only gotten a couple hours of sleep.

"Come on, come on!" he insisted, jumping off the bed and grabbing Lydia's hand in an attempt to get her up.

"Five more minutes, Luke." she grumbled, rolling onto her other side.

"But breakfast is ready! It'll get cold!"

"We'll be down in a minute." I couldn't help but smile at his excitement, not wanting to let my lack of sleep get in the way of his Christmas.

He ran out of the room as I slumped back against the pillows.

"Lydia." I tried, blindly reaching my hand out to shake her shoulder.

"Why do you people get up so early?"

"Come on." I stood up, stretching my limbs out before walking over to the door.

I heard her footsteps not far behind mine as I walked down the stairs, both of us yawning on the way down.

"Come on in, Isaac!" Mary called as there was a knock on the door.

He walked in, sending me a smile as he shrugged his jacket off.

"I'm surprised you don't have a key at this point." Mary commented, a teasing tone in her voice.

He laughed, walking over to stand next to me before leaning down to press a short kiss to my temple. "Maybe one day."

"Next Christmas." she corrected, waving us over to the dining room as she put the last plate of pancakes down.

We all ate together, though Luke was rushing to finish so he could open his presents. I laughed as he nearly bolted out of the room once we were done.

I felt Isaac's fingers tangling with mine as he stood up, pulling me with him. We walked over to the living room, Luke already sat in front of the tree.

He waited until everyone had found their seats to begin opening his presents, pulling each one out with a wide grin and a thank you.

"Is that the last one?" Mary questioned as he hugged the new plush dinosaur to his chest.

"Well, I actually got you something." Isaac informed, leaning back to grab the bag he'd brought in with him.

"You did?" Luke straightened up, moving over to sit next to Isaac as he stared up with excitement in his eyes.

"I figured if I'm going to teach you how to play lacrosse, you should have your own stick." He pulled out a smaller version of a lacrosse stick, Luke's eyes widening even further.

"Thank you!" He took the stick, jumping to his feet so he could hug Isaac.

I smiled as my brother dropped back down next to Isaac, now gripping onto his new gift.

"Ok, Laila, you're up next." Mary announced, handing me a present I could easily tell was from Lydia, just by the way it was wrapped so neatly with a bow on the upper corner.

I carefully unwrapped the paper, trying not to damage all of her hard work. I went through all of the gifts, smiling and thanking Mary and Lydia as I went along. Isaac and I had agreed to open our presents to each other later but he still had some from the others.