Deal

Laila's POV

"Goodnight!" Mary called to Isaac and I as we continued watching a movie.

"Goodnight." we called back as she went upstairs.

"I should probably leave too. It's getting kind of late." Isaac muttered, pulling out his phone.

"How are you going to get home?"

"I can walk. It's not too far from here."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

I nodded, pursing my lips as I tried to think of an excuse for him to stay longer. "What about the movie? It's almost over."

"I guess I can stay a little bit longer."

I smiled to myself as I brought my feet up onto the couch, shifting more towards Isaac. I saw him glance over at me before he quickly looked back to the screen.

I sighed before grabbing his hand and lifting it up to duck under his arm. He bit his lip on his own smile as he let his arm rest on my shoulders, his hand still holding onto mine.

He intertwined our fingers, both of us staring at our tangled hands instead of the movie. I rested my head on his shoulder, my lips still pulled into a smile.

I turned my attention back to the movie, feeling his thumb rub soothing circles. My eyes started to droop, eventually shutting fully.

Isaac's POV

I looked over at her to see she was asleep, making me laugh to myself. I carefully stood up, pulling her into my arms to carry her up the stairs. She mumbled something under her breath, burying her head into my neck as her hand clung to my shirt.

I set her down on her bed, bringing the blankets up around her. I brushed her hair out of her face, making sure she was comfortable.

"Goodnight, Laila."

***

"Laila!" a voice called as I walked towards the lunch room the next day.

I turned to see Aiden jogging over to Laila, who was standing with Lydia and Jackson. I waved Erica on, pausing and leaning against a wall as I listened in.

"Hi." Laila greeted, smiling up at Aiden.

"How've you been?"

"I've been good. How about you?"

"Pretty good. I was hoping you were available today after school."

I saw him reach out to touch her arm and that made the last bit of control I had snap as I walked over to them.

"I-"

"Actually she's going to be with me today. Sorry." I interrupted, slinging my arm over her shoulders.

She looked up in surprise, although there was a small smile on her face.

"Are you two dating?" Aiden asked, his eyes still locked on her.

"Yes." I answered, pulling her closer. "And we actually have to get going now."

"See you later, Aiden." Laila smiled at him, lifting her hand in a wave before she let me pull her into the lunch room.

She pulled us to a stop, waiting for Lydia and Jackson to walk ahead before turning to me.

"So, we have plans today?"

"Yeah, I'm taking you out to dinner." I said confidently, keeping my arm around her shoulders as she bit her lip on an amused smile.

"And this has nothing to do with Aiden?"

"Nah."

"Nah?"

"Nah." I confirmed, making her arch one of her eyebrows.

"Alright. Whatever you say."

"I'm not jealous." I defended, making her giggle.

"I didn't say you were."

"Well, good because I'm not."

"That's great."

"Why are you smiling?"

"Because you're totally jealous."

I looked away with a scoff, shaking my head as she laughed. "If I say I am, will you come to dinner with me?"

"It's ok, I know you were. I'll still come." She took a few steps back, her lips still pulled up into a smile. "Pick me up at five."

It was my turn to hide my smile now as she walked over to join Lydia and Jackson at their table. I sat down next to Erica, who only glared at me.

"What?"

"You can't go, you know. Are you forgetting what tonight is?" she pointed out, her voice quiet.

I sighed as I remembered tonight was the full moon. "It'll be fine. It's just dinner, I'll be back in time."

"You better hope you are. If you're not back by seven, we'll find you and drag you back to loft."

Sophie's POV

"Nervous?" I asked Scott as he tapped his pencil against his notebook.

We were currently sat in the library during lunch, studying and snacking on chips.  

"A little. I just don't know what's going to happen tonight. Do you think Derek will join them?"

"Honestly, I don't know. I hope he doesn't."

"What if he does?"

"Then run."

He let out a small laugh, making my lips pull up into a smile as I leaned my head onto my arms.

"You'll be ok." I reassured, nodding my head as he stared down at his notebook.

"If anything happens tonight, I want you to run. As fast as you can."

"Do you really think I'd do that?"

"No. But I'm hoping you will. I can't have you getting hurt." He leaned forward, his eyes moving to mine as his hand reached up to stroke along my cheek.

"I'll be fine. It's going take more than a couple of Alphas to scare me away."

He smiled, resting his head on my shoulder as he scooted his chair closer. "Just be careful."

"You be careful. You're the one that's in danger here."

His lips pressed to my arm, his hand sliding down to rub my back. "How about we both be careful?"

"Deal."

Erica's POV

"What time should I be there?" Stiles questioned, leaning against my locker after lunch.

"Stiles, you should probably stay home."

"What, why?"

"Because you're human."

"So is Sophie." he argued, folding his arms across his chest.

"But Sophie can use weapons."

"I could too if I wanted to."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah. I've got a bat."

"How terrifying."

"I'm going, no matter what you say."

"Fine."

"Well, I can-what?" He paused, staring at me in confusion.

"You can come. But if you get hurt, it's your own fault."

"What's the catch?"

"If I tell you to run, you run without question."

"What about you?"

"Those are the rules. You either come or you stay home. Your choice." 

Author's Note:

Full moon's coming up!

I'll see you in my next chapter. BYEEE!!!