Happy New Year

Laila's POV

"We'll figure it out. Don't worry." Isaac comforted, walking me up to my bedroom.

We'd left the party shortly after I explained what had happened, Scott promising we'd work on it tomorrow.

"What if we don't figure it out on time though? What if someone else dies?" I asked, turning to face him.

"No one else is dying. Alright? You guys are smart, you'll have it figured out before you know it."

I shot him a quick smile before turning to walk to my bed. I paused when I saw the clock, stating it was two minutes before midnight, before a new year.

"Isaac, wait. Don't leave yet." I grabbed his wrist, pulling him back into the room and shutting the door.

"What's wrong?"

"We have two minutes left of this year. I wanted to spend them with you." I admitted, leaning onto the tips of my toes as I looked up into his eyes.

"And you call me cheesy."

"It's romantic."

He laughed, his eyes glancing over at the clock as he leaned down to press a kiss to my forehead. "One minute."

"What's the last thing you want to say to me before this year is over?"

"Really?"

"Yes, really. We're wasting time."

"You go first then."

"Thank you." I said simply, reaching up to kiss his cheek.

"For what?"

"Everything."

His lips pulled up into a grin before he leaned down to press his lips against mine, his arms wrapping my waist. Mine went up around his neck, one of my hands moving to rest on his jaw.

I smiled as I heard the alarm on my phone going off to say there were only ten seconds left. I turned it off, tossing the phone onto my bed before reaching up to press another kiss to his lips.

"Happy new year." I muttered, keeping my foreheard pressed to his.

"Happy new year."

Sophie's POV

"Why would there be mountain ash in Lydia's grandmother's urn?" I questioned, pacing back and forth in front of Scott's bed.

"Sophie." Scott said, his eyes following my movements.

"Do you think someone replaced it? Or were they never there in the first place?"

"Soph."

"Who would do that? Who would go through all the trouble of switching her grandmother's ashes to mountain ash? And why?"

"Sophie." he tried again, his eyebrows lifting.

"And why did Lydia's grandmother write the code to the list? How would she have known about it?"

"Sophie." His voice stayed quiet since his mother was in the other room but there was a stern tone to it now.

He stood up, his hands grabbing my arms to keep me still.

"It just, it just doesn't make sense." I whispered to myself, refusing to meet his gaze as I continued to try to solve the new puzzle.

"Look at me."

I hesitated before letting my eyes snap up to meet his, the brown eyes filled with nothing but concern.

"We'll figure it out. Tomorrow."

"None of it adds up. How are we going to figure it out?" My voice stayed at a whisper, my eyebrows furrowing.

"We will. We always do."

"What if we don't?"

"Then we'll figure that out too."

I had to laugh at that, dropping my head back down as I felt his hands move up to cup my face. He tilted it back up so he could press a short kiss to my lips.

"Don't worry about it so much."

I felt my heartbeat slowing down as I focused on calming my breathing, nodding my head. I felt his head move away from mine, making me open my eyes again.

I followed his gaze to the clock on his nightstand, to the clock saying we had a minute until midnight. He turned back to me, biting his lips on a smile.

"What?" I asked as he stepped away, his hand sliding down to grab mine.

He used his new grip to spin me around in a circle, letting me spin a few times before he pulled me back into his chest. I laughed as he pressed his lips to mine again, his free hand going to my waist as mine went to his chest.

"Happy new year."

Erica's POV

"Can I at least write it down?" Stiles insisted, wiggling around in my grip.

We were currently laid on his bed, something he wasn't happy about. He wanted to figure out the new information, find out what it meant.

"No." I grumbled into his shoulder, my face pressed into the fabric of his shirt.

"I'll be quick, give me an hour to research."

"No."

"Can I just-"

"No."

"Just let me-"

I let out a growl, silencing his last demand. He fell into a silence, his hand playing with the bracelet I had on.

"Can I at least be the big spoon?"

"Stiles, go to sleep."

"I can't. Alright, I'm sorry but I can't."

"Just close your eyes."

"No, I mean, I can't. My pillow's on the other side of the bed and I can't sleep without my pillow."

I sighed, moving my arm off of him so he could get up, running around to the other side of the bed. I kept my back to him, trying to get comfortable again as I heard him sigh in content.

We fell back into the silence, the only sounds being our breathing and the rustling of Stiles shifting back and forth.

"Erica?"

"What?" I snapped, my eyes opening to glare at the wall in front of me.  

"Can you-could you maybe-"

I rolled over to wrap my arm around him again, pulling his back into my chest as I rested my head against his shoulder.

"Thanks."

I felt him grab my hand, lifting it up to his lips so he could press a kiss to the back of it. I let a small smile appear on my face as I neared sleep again, moving even closer to Stiles.

"Hey, it's midnight."

"And?"

"It's a new year."

"That's great."

"Happy new year, Erica."

I opened my eyes again to find him already looking at me, his goofy grin on his face. I rolled my eyes before reaching up to quickly kiss his lips.

"Happy new year, Stiles."

Author's Note:

It's a new year! What do you think will happen next?

I'll see you in my next chapter. BYEEEE!!!!!!!