Silver

Sophie's POV

"Soph?" Scott's tired voice called, knocking on the bathroom door as I continued to cough up the silver liquid.

"I'm fine, Scott. Just give me a minute." I gasped out, forcing myself to stand up.

"You are not fine. You woke up screaming two nights ago and have barely been able to leave the bathroom since. We should take you to the hospital."

"How are we supposed to explain the mysterious silver gunk I've been spitting up?"

My eyes blurred as I grabbed onto the sink with both hands, my breathing heavy. I looked up into the mirror, seeing purple eyes staring back at me as claws gripped onto the sink. I shook my head to clear it, the reflection returning to what I normally saw in the mirror, with the addition of sweat on my forehead.

"I can take you to Deaton. He knows about this stuff." 

I shakily opened the door, revealing an obviously worried Scott. "Okay."

Stiles's POV

"Stiles, this is boring. I don't care whether Sophie's human or not." Erica snapped, slamming the book shut.

"I do." I continued reading, turning the page.

"This isn't how I imagined spending my Sunday night you know."

"Wait." I squinted my eyes, focusing on the words on the page. "Come here."

She sighed and walked over, leaning down to read the page. "The creators. What about it?"

"It's an old myth, ancient actually. 'A coven of five witches, all with glowing purple eyes, wanted to be defended from all evil. They created supernatural creatures, using unsuspecting humans to experiment. Both their failures and successes lived on, twisting their way into folklore.'" I read, looking up at her.

"I thought there was only one."

"She said that she's seen more than one before. And Scott called. He said she was rescued from a pack by a woman with purple eyes. She was able to kill the man by somehow turning him into ash, that sounds like a witchy thing to do, don't you think?"

"So what do they want with her?"

"It says here they took humans and turned them into supernatural creatures. What if they're doing the same thing with her? What if they want to create a new species and are using her for their experiments?" I slowly stood up, my eyes flickering to my board.

"Then we need to stop them."

"How do we stop prehistoric witches that we can't even see?" I pointed out, moving over to it.

I erased the "human" underneath Sophie's name, replacing it with a question mark.

"We fight them, we find a way. It's either that or we let her become their science project."

"That's why she can heal, Erica. That's why they saved her. They want her."

"Why?"

"I don't know. But we need to find out before it's too late."

Laila's POV

"You two need to stop driving at night. Last time, you found Kate. This time, you found two kanimas." Derek scolded, looking at the picture on my phone.

"Kanima?" Lydia parroted, her eyebrows lifting.

"Kanima." he confirmed, handing the phone back.

"So there's more than just werewolves?"

"Plenty more. More than you want to know about." Bryn added, sitting on the table by the window. "More than you need to know about."

"What else is there? All of my friends turn into half dog creatures and try to rip anything they can their hands on apart whenever there's a full moon, there was a pack made up entirely of Alphas and now you're telling me there are man-sized lizards running around?"

"Don't forget the part about you being a Banshee."

"Yes, thank you, Bryn, for your ever-so-helpful commentary."

"We'll take care of it." Derek spoke again, cutting her sentence off.

"Take care of it? Does that mean killing them?"

"It means finding out who they are and reminding them that they're still human." Bryn answered, standing up. "Kanimas are like puppets. Someone is pulling their strings for them and we need to find out who. Or what."

"How?"

"We'll handle that. You girls go home, we'll make sure both of you are safe. Isaac will watch over you. Both of you."

Scott's POV

"Is she dying?" I asked quietly, my mouth not truly wanting to form the words as Deaton and I watched Sophie cough up more of the liquid.

"I don't know. How long has this been happening?"

"Since Friday night. She had another one of her nightmares and she's been like this ever since."

He knelt down next to her, his eyes locked onto her sweaty form. Her breathing was quick, turning shallow as I heard her heartbeat struggle to keep up.

"Sophie. Tell me exactly what happened in your dream." he ordered, speaking slowly but firmly.

He grabbed her jaw, holding her head up as she stared into his eyes blankly.

"They're here." she whispered, slumping against the table.

"Who?"

"All of them. They're here for me."

Author's Note:

Do you think Sophie's human?? What do you think will happen next?

I'll see you in my next chapter. BYEEE!!!