Anything

Laila's POV

"What are you doing?" I asked as Aiden ran over to the playground of the park.

We'd just finished dinner and a movie, Aiden deciding he wanted to go to the park before he dropped me off.

"Come on!" He looked at me over his shoulder, a grin forming on his lips.

I laughed to myself, following after him. He grabbed onto the railing of the stairs, quickly jogging up them. I climbed up after him, the smile still on my face.

"Ladies first." He gestured to the slide, stepping back.

I sat down at the top, feeling his hands on my back. He pushed me down, soon following. He bumped into me, sending me forward. His hands gripped mine before I could hit the ground.

"Thanks." I stood back up, giggling around my words. I looked at him as he got up, his eyes locked on me. "What?"

"You're just really pretty."

I ducked my head down, biting my lip on my smile. "Thank you."

I looked back up, finding him a lot closer than I'd expected. I stepped back out of reflex as he leaned closer.

"Um, let's go on the swings."

We stayed in the park for a while, acting like little kids and climbing over everything while the other laughed.

As we started the walk back to his bike, his hand grabbed mine, his fingers tangling with mine. I looked down at our hands as he squeezed my fingers. It didn't feel exactly right, as if something was missing.

He drove us back to my house, helping me off the bike.

"That was fun." I said as we walked to my door.

"It was." he agreed, smiling down at me.

"I'll see you tomorrow?"

He nodded, starting to lean in as his hand took mine again. I hesitated before ducking my head down, making his lips touch my cheek instead.

"See you tomorrow." he muttered, stepping away.

I watched as he walked back to his bike, waving at him before going inside. I walked into the kitchen, pausing as I saw Mary leaned against the counter, Luke sitting in a stool across from her. They both turned to me, cookies in their hands.

"Hi." I greeted, grabbing one of the cookies from the plate. "What're you still doing up?" I questioned, turning my attention to Luke.

"I couldn't sleep."

I put my cookie down, extending my arms out towards him. "Come on. I'll read you a story."

I picked him up as he muttered a goodnight to Mary. I carried him upstairs, into his room, setting him down on the bed.

"What do you want me to read?"

He picked out a book before running back to the bed. I sat down next to him as he got under the covers. He yawned as I started reading the book, occasionally glancing over at him. His eyes started to droop, his head slumping onto my arm.

"Is Aiden your boyfriend?"

"No, we just went out. Why? Did you like him?"

"I like Isaac better."

I hesitated in turning the page before looking over at him. "Why?"

"He likes superheroes and werewolves and he tells good jokes."

I smiled to myself before beginning to read the words on the page, feeling him shift around to get more comfortable. As I neared the end of the book, I heard his breathing start to slow. I looked down to see his eyes shut.

I shut the book, carefully standing up and moving his head to rest on the pillow. I pulled the blankets up around him, smoothing his hair back. "Goodnight, Luke."

***

"So what would you rate the date?" Lydia asked as she pulled up in front of the school.

"I don't know. To be honest, it didn't really feel like a date. It felt more like two friends hanging out."

"So no second date?"

I got out of the car, closing the door as I looked over at Aiden. He smiled as I started walking towards the school, joining my side.

"Hey." he greeted, his smile widening.

"Hi."

We walked into the school, Lydia walking on my other side. Aiden's hand grabbed mine as we walked, his fingers squeezing mine. I looked down at our hands as we neared my locker.

"Um, Aiden, I actually need to talk to you." I said, stepping in front of him.

He glanced at something over my shoulder with a smirk before looking back over at me.

"I have to go. We can talk during lunch." He kissed my cheek, the smile still on his face as he walked away.

"Lydia, what am I going to do?" I groaned, leaning my head against my locker.

"Knowing you, you'll probably start to say you're not interested then you'll feel guilty and decide to 'give him another chance.'"

"I just don't want to hurt his feelings." I defended, folding my arms across my chest.

"It was one date, Laila! You're not married to the guy. Just say you think of him as a friend and move on."

I twisted around to open my locker, pursing my lips in thought. "You're right." 

"Aren't I always?"

I had to smile at that, grabbing the books I needed. "Come on. Let's get to class."

Sophie's POV

"Are you sure you're ok?" Scott asked again as we started the walk to class.

"I'm fine. It was just a nightmare."

"Ok, but if you need anything, anything at all, let me know and I'll get it for you. Ok?" He pulled us to a stop, turning me to face him.

I nodded my head, a small smile on my face. He leaned down to press a kiss to my lips, keeping his hands on my cheeks as he held me there.

"Anything." he repeated, his eyes looking into mine.

"I know. I will."

"And if you see that guy again-"

"I'll let you know." The school bell rang, making me pull away. "Come on. We're gonna be late to class."

Author's Note:

What do you think of Laila and Aiden?

I'll see you in my next chapter. BYEEE!!!