He Did

Sophie's POV

"Are you ok?" Scott asked quietly, running his fingers up and down my arm.

"I'm fine."

He smiled softly before leaning down to press a quick kiss to my lips. "I have to go. Lacrosse practice."

He turned and jogged down the hallway, towards the locker room. I turned back to my locker, smiling when I saw the pictures from the photo booth hanging on the door.

Suddenly, the picture dropped, landing down at my feet. I bent down to pick it up, my hair falling forward into my face.

When I straightened up, the hallway was gone, replaced by the forest. I looked around, my fingers tightening on the pictures.

I went to take a step forward, hearing the fallen leaves crushing under the weight of my foot. I lifted my head up, the sound of running water echoing through the trees.

I looked over to see a small river as I slowly walked over to it, carefully taking each step. I knelt down, catching my reflection in the water.

My now purple eyes widened as I leaned forward to get a better look.

"Sophie?" a distant voice called.

I stared at myself in the water, shaking my head as I blinked my eyes rapidly, trying to clear my head. My eyes didn't change color, adding to my panic. I felt something brush my hair back, although nothing appeared in the reflection.

"Soph?"

The next time I blinked, I was in the arms of my concerned boyfriend. I took a deep inhale as my eyes flickered around the library, tightening my grip on his shirt.

"You fell asleep during lunch. Then you started mumbling, so I took you here. There's not that many people in here." he explained, softly pushing my head into his neck.

"I-"

"Shh. It's ok."

I let my eyes shut, my hands now limp against his chest. I let out a long exhale, burying my face further into his shirt. "I don't know if this is real."

"It is. Look at me." He pulled back, his hands reaching up to rest against my cheeks as his eyes locked with mine. "This is real. You're awake."

I stared into his eyes for a moment before he pulled me back into his embrace, my chin resting on his shoulder. "It was so real though. It was like I was actually there."

He pressed a kiss to the side of my head, holding me tighter.

"It was so real."

Laila's POV

"I don't know, Lydia. I think if he wanted to talk to me, he would have done it by now." I pointed out as we walked out of the school.

"There he is. You can always go talk to him."

"You know what? I will. I'll meet you at the car." I walked over to where Isaac was leaned against a car, waiting for Erica. "Isaac? Can I talk to you for a minute?"

He nodded, pushing away from the car and following me over to stand by a tree. "Is something wrong?"

"I don't know. You tell me."

He tilted his head, obviously confused.

"I just want-no, I need to know what you think about what I said last night." I stated, folding my arms across my chest.

"What do you mean?"

"You know what I mean. I told you how I feel about you. And I know you have that girl you're crushing on but I at least need to know what we are."

"I-"

"And who is the other girl? Why won't you tell me who she is? I thought we were at least friends." I rambled, almost feeling angry. "I mean, do you want to stay friends? Do you want to be more?"

He watched me with an amused smile, only making me angrier.

"Stop looking at me like that! These are serious questions and I-"

He cut me off by grabbing my waist and pulling me forward to press his lips against mine. I reached one arm up to wrap around his neck, getting on my toes as my other hand gripped onto his arm.

"The girl I like is you." he murmured, his smile spreading.

"I-what?"

"I'll see you later, Laila." He took a few steps away before turning and walking back to his car.

I stood there, unsure of what had just happened. I saw Lydia walk over with a smug smile on her face.

"I think he just-" I mumbled before Lydia cut me off.

"He did."

I started to smile, looking over at Lydia. "He actually did."

She rolled her eyes playfully, grabbing my wrist to pull me towards the car. "Oh come on."

Author's Note:

A bit of Scophie and some Lilaac!

I'll see you in my next chapter. BYEEEE!!!