Control

Laila's POV

"Remind me why I keep agreeing to go with you to these things?" Lydia hissed as she pulled up in front of the loft.

"Because you're my best friend. If you really want to, you can go home. I would understand."

"Of course you would, you always do. Let's go." She turned the car off, getting out as I opened my door.

I led the way into the loft, lifting my hand up to knock on the large sliding door. Lydia grabbed my wrist, sending me a glare as I returned it with a confused look. She slid the door open, using her hold on my wrist to pull me along with her.

We both stopped when we saw Derek, Sophie and another brunette woman chaining up Scott, Erica and Isaac.

"What are you doing here?" Isaac asked, pushing himself onto his feet.

"Kate, she-"

"What did she do?" Derek interuppted, ignoring the cold look Lydia shot him for cutting me off.

"She said someone was going to die tonight."

"Who?"

"She didn't say who. She just said that I was supposed to choose who."

"And what does that mean?"

"That's why we came here. I was hoping you would know."

"Well, at least we know it's definitely Kate." the woman tried, shrugging her shoulder.

"Who's Kate?" Scott questioned, his eyebrows furrowing.

"Kate Argent." Derek answered, folding his arms across his chest.

"Argent? As in the hunters?" Sophie spoke up, her eyes narrowing. "Kate died. I went to her funeral, I saw them bury her body."

"I don't know how it happened. I don't even know what happened. But she's alive now."

Erica let out a groan, lowering her head. "It's starting."

"Girls, now's a good time to leave." the woman suggested, giving us both a smile.

"What's happening to them?" I watched as Isaac dropped back to the ground, his breath getting heavy.

"Laila, sweetheart, werewolves, full moon." Lydia pointed out, pursing her lips.

"No, I meant why are they hurt?"

"It's a work in progress. The full moon can be painful for the newer ones. We're still trying to teach them the whole anchor thing." the woman explained, stepping closer to us.

"Anchor thing?"

"Something to tie them down to their humanity or calm them down or even just slow their heartbeat down. It can be tough to find your anchor though."

I put my bag down on the couch, leading Lydia over to where Isaac was hunched over. She pulled me a stop, turning me around.

"You really want to do that?" she muttered, nodding towards his claws, which seemed to be shrink then grow, as if he was fighting it off.

"He won't hurt me."

"No guarentee of that." the woman added, walking over to make sure his chains were on tight. "Like I said, there tends to be a lack of humanity on the full moon."

"You can go stand by the couch, if you want." I pulled my hand out of her grip, giving her a small smile to show I wasn't upset.

"And leave you alone with him?"