Rome

Laila's POV

Another two weeks had gone by, our finals over and the next full moon approaching. I knew Scott and Sophie were incredibly nervous for it, everyone counting the days down. Sophie had been training with Derek, as well as Scott, learning how to control her inhuman side. She worked in a similar way as the werewolves, increased heartbeat triggered the shift. But unlike the werewolves, she didn't seem to have much, if any, humanity left in her once she had turned. Scott was trying to develop an anchor with her but she didn't seem to remember anyone when she was in that state.

He was able to bring her back slowly, always having to flash his red eyes before she'd stop and listen. Once he had her attention, he was able to talk her back into being human but we didn't know how that would work on the full moon. It was a work in progress and all of us knew it would be a long summer of countless fights to keep her from killing anyone. We knew the pack would be bruised and scratched, thrown around in her attempt at self defense, not seeming to realize no one was there to hurt her. There was some hope however.

She held back greatly when she was against Scott, purposely missing him when she swung in his direction, even if he was stood completely still. She was beginning to react when he called her name, her eye color flickering from purple to green at the sound of his voice but we knew it was a bigger battle than just getting her to recognize him. She wasn't in control yet, she didn't care who got hurt, even if the person was her, she just wanted to run. She fought to flee and one day, they decided to let her run.

They had followed her for hours before she'd stopped in a clearing. It was the clearing from my dream, where the Nemeton, as Deaton had called it, was located. She had collapsed onto the tree, waking up an hour later with green eyes and no memory of getting there. Scott had waited with her, the others staying around the area in case she started running again. He swore he'd seen a figure, too tall to be Derek , too lanky to be Isaac, a hood pulled up over their face. All he could see was their glowing purple eyes, staring at Sophie with what he'd described as a fond look, as if they were looking at their pet. They had ignored him when he'd called out to them, only turning and walking back into the trees. No one else had heard them, seen them, not even smelled them but Scott was sure he saw them.

Sophie hadn't seen her parents since the night of the full moon, despite them beginning to move their things into another section of Derek's loft. They were more than reluctant to move in with him but they couldn't leave her and I knew that they'd make up eventually but the wounds were still fresh. They were still coming to terms with what she is and she still needed to find out what exactly that was. Tensions ran high and it didn't look like things would be calming down anytime soon.

It was the last few days before Lydia and I were supposed to travel to Rome together. We were planning to cancel it but Lydia's family, along with Mary and Luke, had already booked the flights, rented the houses in Rome and packed up. I had tried to explain that there was some drama here but Mary had only said that was all the more reason to go on the trip. She had even bought a ticket for Isaac, saying it could be a good idea to spend some time in a new city together, away from the "usual group," away from the stress of school and finals.

"I can't go." Isaac said, sat on the large table in the loft, the rest of the pack around him. "The pack needs me here."

"I know, I wish I could stay too but there's no way to do it without telling them about werewolves."

"Maybe we should, Mary wouldn't tell anyone."

"That's a horrible idea." Derek spoke up, shaking his head quickly. "You don't know if she would or not."

"You said Laila would tell. And now she's one of the reasons we're still alive."

"And we're also the reason she almost wasn't alive."

Isaac's eyes darkened, his jaw clenching tightly. "Don't you think I know that, Derek?"

"If you did, you wouldn't want to tell anyone else. Luke's still young, isn't he?" Derek's attention turned to me as I played with the necklace hung around my neck, not wanting to make things worse.

"He's turning five soon."

"So he's still a little kid. And Mary is only a couple years older than you two, she's younger than I am. Would you be able to live with the guilt of knowing you were the reason they got hurt?" His focus returned to Isaac, arching his brow. "Laila died because of us. If it wasn't for Peter, she would still be dead."

"I know that! But the risk of what could happen if they don't know is just as high. Laila and Lydia didn't know about werewolves when they were held hostage by the Alphas. They didn't know about Kate before she was running after their car. They didn't know about Kanimas until one was on top of their car. Not knowing is just as dangerous."

"You should go." Sophie spoke up, cutting Derek's reply off.

"Soph, I don't think that's a good idea." Scott mumbled, shaking his head slowly.

"I'm not going to be the reason everyone stops living their lives. Whether that's a literal or metaphorical saying, I don't want to bring people down with me. Isaac, go. If you're completely sure they won't tell anyone, tell Laila's family. They need to know, they need to protect themselves. Laila, bring the knife Isaac got you, keep it coated in the wolfsbane no matter what."

"We need him here." Erica snapped, her arms folded across her chest. "What if you snap for the millionth time and try to kill us? Again. The last full moon, not even Aiden and Ethan could keep you still. What makes you think we can survive without Isaac here to help?"

"The vault. I'm locking myself in the vault, the Alphas will guard one exit, you guys will all guard the other one."

"That's actually not a bad idea." Stiles agreed, ignoring the glare Erica sent him. "The vault can only be opened by a werewolf. She's not a werewolf. We can lock her in there and make sure she doesn't escape."

"So Isaac is going. And everyone's gonna have a relaxing summer and let me handle this by myself. That includes you, Scott."

"Soph-"

"It's decided. Our plans stays the same. Have fun in Rome guys."

Author's Note:

I am back! I'm sorry for the late update but life has been hectic, school and moving and a whole lot of fun and not so fun stuff! But they're returning to the vault!! What do you think will happen next?

I'll see you in my next chapter. BYEEE!!!