Baby Photos

Scott's POV

My stomach was starting to hurt from laughing. We'd just finished going through the line to get our food. The look on Sophie's face was priceless. Our cafeteria isn't exactly gourmet. Her cute little nose was still wrinkled as we sat down.

"Remind me to bring my own lunch tomorrow." she muttered, glaring down at the sandwich in front of her. "And stop laughing at me!"

Of course, that made it worse.

"I hate you, Scott McCall. In fact, I'm stealing your sandwich." She reached over and grabbed half of my homemade grilled cheese with an adorable pout on her face.

My laughter slowly died down and I wiped away the tears, still chuckling.

"Hey new chick! Wh...why are you sitting here?" Stiles asked, slowly sitting down across from us.

"I'm sorry, did you want this seat? I guess it's just natural for me to want to sit next to him." She smiled at me as she took my hand underneath the table.

I stared down at them in shock until she squeezed my fingers comfortingly.

"Uh, guys? What're you looking at?" Stiles pushed away from the table and ducked down then came back up with a grin. "That's my boy!"

"Shut up, Stiles." I snapped, rolling my eyes.

"So, Scott, I was wondering, maybe after school, you could come over to my place to work on the project." she suggested, looking over at me.

"Uh, sure. Does that mean we're driving you home?"

"Might as well. So far, you don't seem like a psychotic killer but then again, that wouldn't matter since you live right next to me and could kill me anytime you wanted to. So, yeah, I think it's ok if you drive me home."

"Actually, I'll be the one driving. I have a car." Stiles bragged, grinning at her.

"Cool! Oh, hold on, it's my mom. Hello?" She stood up and walked away, her phone pressed to her ear.

"Dude, she likes you!" Stiles hissed as soon as she was out of hearing range.

"Do you really think so? God, she's so pretty."

"Yeah, she's been giving you googly eyes since first period. Ask her out!"

"I barely know her. That'd be creepy if I asked her out on the first day."

"Well, if I were you, I'd make a move fast because Jackson's already eyeing her." He nodded to something behind me and I turned to see Jackson openly checking Sophie out, even with Lydia on his arm.

Sophie came back a few minutes later, a frown on her face.

"What's wrong?" I asked, reaching over to take her hand. It was almost addicting, her touch.

"My parents aren't coming home until late." she whined, pouting again. God, she was adorable.

"I'll stay with you. I'll be over there anyway." I offered, smiling.

"You would do that? You're the best, Scott!" She threw her arms around me, placing a kiss on my cheek.

I'm sure I turned red.

"How can you turn the worst things into amazing things? Aw, I love you, Scott McCall. You're my new best friend." She hugged me again, this one longer. And this time, I actually responded.

"Hey. He's mine." Stiles snapped, glaring at her.

"Well you'll just have to share because he's mine too." She stuck her tongue out at him while pulling away from me.