I'll Protect You

Sophie's POV

I kicked the back of the hunter's leg, watching him drop to the ground before using the hilt of the dagger to knock the man out.

"Scott, wait!" I called, tucking my knife back into my boot. We had nearly taken them all down, except for one.

Scott growled but slowly backed off the man while I walked over to pin him down with my foot.

"Shift back. All of you." I ordered, taking charge again. They all shifted back except for the one wolf I couldn't identify. Scott came over to stand next to me while Derek, Erica and the other wolf stood on the other side of the struggling man.

"Who are you?" Derek asked, standing taller to appear bigger.

The man stayed silent, glaring at all of us. Derek crouched down and brought his claws out, holding them out against the man's throat.

"I said, who are you?"

"Do it. Kill me. You won't get anything out of me." the man spat, trying to push my foot away.

Derek looked up at me, smiling knowingly. I rolled my eyes and took a step back, leaving Derek to deal with the stubborn man.

Derek easily picked the man up and nearly threw the man into a tree, making Scott jump as he pinned the man to there.

"This will probably go on for a while." I sighed and looked around at all the damage. There were about fifteen hunters, all injured or knocked out by now.

"You're bleeding. Why are you bleeding?" Scott questioned, grabbing my arm to keep me still. He was looking down at a blood splatter on my shirt, concern clear on his face.

"Relax. It's probably one of the hunter's blood. I'm fine."

"But Stiles isn't." Erica muttered, kneeling down next to him. "One of those people hit him with something and another punched him. I tried to stop them but they wouldn't let me near him."

"We should get him to the hospital."

"I'll take him." Scott offered, taking the Jeep keys as Erica handed them to him.

"Be careful. There could still be hunters out here." I gave him a quick kiss and then turned back to Derek, who was still trying to get information out of the man. "Anything yet?" 

Derek paused, his hands gripping the man's shirt. "His name's John."

"Hold on. Put 'John' down for a moment."

He gave me a confused look before releasing John and stepping back.

"Good dog. Keep behaving and maybe I'll scratch your belly." I ruffled up his hair before pulling my dagger back out. "John, I'm going to make you a deal. We'll let you live if you tell us who sent you and why."

John smiled, struggling to sit up. "Go ahead, little girl. Kill me. I'm not saying anything." He coughed up blood, spitting it in my direction.

"Fine then. Derek, why don't you knock him out and we'll leave them here for their boss to find?"

"My pleasure."

"And I'm going home."

"I don't care."

I walked over to Erica, smiling at her as she stood up. "Thank you for your help tonight."

"You're lucky Derek was around to save you."

"He didn't save us. I'm not here to argue with you about Derek or anything. I just wanted to say thank you. You were very brave."

She didn't respond, only wiping off her bloody hands on her jeans.

"What happened tonight?"

"Erica, stop talking to her." Derek called, walking away from the now limp hunter.

"Well I'm going to go. But before I do," I paused to punch Derek in the jaw, his head snapping to the side from the impact. "Goodnight everyone."

***

I woke up to the feeling of arms wrapping around my waist. I went to lift up the knife that was clutched tightly in my hand but then a much larger hand pushed my wrist back down.

"It's ok, it's just me." Scott whispered, brushing my hair back so I could see him.

"How's Stiles?"

"He's fine, he's just going to have a killer headache for a few days and a few bruises."

"Did he say anything about what happened?"

"I asked him but he said he'd tell me tomorrow."

I sighed, letting my head drop back onto the pillow.

"Sorry I woke you." he murmured, pulling me closer.

"Sorry I fell asleep without you."

He pressed a kiss to my head, smiling as he ran his fingers up and down my arm. "Go back to sleep."

"Goodnight Scott."

"Goodnight Soph."

I had almost fallen back asleep when I felt him slide the knife out of my hand, placing it on the nightstand.

"I'll protect you."

Author's Note:

Ok, I awwwed at that little Scophie moment there...please tell me I'm not alone 

I'm trying to update this more often, I never want to go a month without this story again:(

Hopefully, there will be some Sterica action next chapter:)

I'll see you boogles in my next chapters. BYEEE!<33