Game

Erica's POV

"You're all idiots." Derek said simply as I led the rest of the pack into the room.

For the first time in a while, Bryn wasn't there, an empty space next to Derek instead.

"Where's Bryn?" I asked, looking around the room to see if I had just missed her.

"This is a pack meeting, she's not in the pack."

"Yes she is." Isaac and I both protested as he gave both of us cold looks.

"She's not. Don't get attached to her either. She has a habit of leaving on short notice. Don't try to chance the subject. I told you not to go after Laila and Lydia."

"But we found them and we're all alive." Isaac added, leaning against the couch next to me and folding his arms across his chest.

"And Sophie's dad is unconscious, with no guarentee of waking up."

"He was there before we were. If we hadn't gotten there when we did, he would be dead."

"You still went behind my back."

"I would've told you if I didn't think you would stop me."

"I would've because it's the smart thing to do. You're letting your emotions control you."

"Everyone in the pack agreed with me besides you and you still think you were right?"

I braced myself for another argument between Isaac and Derek, noticing Sophie looking at them with a confused look on her face.

In the background, Isaac and Derek were still snapping at each other but my focus now shifted to Stiles. His face was similiar to Sophie's, his eyes moving over to mine when he realized I was looking at him.

"What if this is what they wanted?" Sophie spoke up, interuppting Derek's comeback.

We all turned to look at her but she didn't seem to notice, her eyes focused on the ground.

"They wanted you to go after her. They wanted Derek to be mad at us. They want it to feel like it's us against him."

"And we're falling right into their trap." Stiles agreed, a look of understandment lighting up his face.

"They're toying with us. They left my dad alive for a reason. If they really wanted to keep the girls, they would've fought harder. It's a game and we're losing."

"So how do we get ahead?"

"Predators love the hunt, right? Well, what if we made it a bit more interesting for them?"

Scott's POV

The car ride to the clinic was silent, even Stiles and Erica were quiet. Sophie was turned away from me, looking out the window with a blank look. Erica pulled to a stop, her and Stiles getting out without a word. I looked over at Sophie, trying to think about how I was going to bring up the hunters again.

"You ok?" I asked instead, reaching out to grab her hand.

"I'm fine." She got out before I could do anything else, walking straight past Stiles and Erica into the clinic.

I slowly got out of the car, unsure of how to approach this. I was trying to remember that she had been raised in a family of hunters, that she had been raised to kill people like me but I couldn't. She was still just Sophie, the girl whose smile could make anyone's day better.

Stiles patted my back as I walked by him, following me into the lobby of the clinic.

"Ok, why do I feel like I'm missing something?" Erica questioned, giving us a weird look.