Right

Isaac's POV

"You've never been to the winter festival?" Laila parroted, her eyes widening.

It had been a week since her day with Erica and we were now in her room, sprawled out on her bed as we waited for Mary and Luke to get home.

"Nope."

"That just won't do, Isaac." She shook her head, propping herself on her elbows. "This year, you're going."

"I am?"

"Yes."

"And you're going as my date, aren't you?"

She bit her lip to hide her smile as her eyes focused on her hands that played with the bedding. "If you want me to then yes."

I shifted closer, leaning forward to press my lips against hers. "I want you to."

Her smile widened, which triggered my own smile to appear as she giggled. I lifted one hand to touch her cheek, her fingers wrapping around my hand to keep it there.

"Have I ever told you how beautiful you are?" I murmured, letting my gaze flicker over her features.

She rested her head on my chest, her free arm wrapping around me. "You make me feel like I am."

"Well you are. I still don't understand how I convinced you to be my girlfriend."

"What do you mean?" Her eyebrows furrowed as she tilted her head back to look at me.

"Why do you like me?"

"I like you for a lot of reasons."

"Why? Why me? You could literally have any guy you wanted. Why did you choose me?"

"Because with you, it feels right." she admitted, her fingers tightening their grip on my shirt. "I don't have to think about anything when I'm with you. I can just say what I want to say, I can wear whatever I want."

"It's like you're free."

"Exactly. And you understand me. I feel like I could tell you anything and everything."

I looked down in guilt, remember Sophie's advice. The longer I waited, the more upset she'd be. "How are you so ok with all of this?"

"All of what?"

"You know I have a secret but you're not trying to get me to tell you or worse, breaking up with me because of it. How?"

"I trust you." she said simply, a small shrug following her words. "And I hope that you feel that same way I do. You can tell me anything and I won't judge you or anything like that."

"I know. I just have to figure how to tell you first."

"Just say it. Here, I'll make you a deal. I'll tell you one of my secrets and you can tell me one of yours. It doesn't have to be the biggest one, if you're not ready for that." she suggested, moving closer and letting her fingers tangle with mine as I gently stroked her cheek with my thumb.

"Ok."

"Ok." She sat up, taking a deep breath while moving her hand to cover our intertwined hands. "I have a tattoo." she whispered, her fingers squeezing mine.

"A tattoo?"

"Yeah. It's on my hip so it's pretty hidden."

"Can I see it?"

She pushed her shirt up slightly, revealing the small black cursive writing on her hip. I absentmindedly moved my hand to run my thumb over it, as if making sure it was really there.