Cheesy

Laila's POV

"Laila!" Lydia called, waving me over to where she and Jackson were stood with Danny and his date.

I glanced back at Isaac as I took his hand, leading him over.

"You look great!" I yelled over the music, although I'd already told her that a million times.

"So do you. What do you think of my work, Isaac?"

"It's great." he answered, squeezing my fingers. "Absolutely stunning."

I ducked my head at the compliment, feeling his lips press to my temple as he pulled me closer. The song echoing through the gym changed to a slower one, one that I recognized.

"Oh, this is my favorite song. Come on!" I eagerly changed the subject, tugging on Isaac's hand to get him to follow me out into the crowd.

I turned to wrap my arms around his neck, feeling his go around my waist as we began to slow dance, not truly dancing but shuffling from one foot to the other.

I smiled as Isaac whispered the lyrics of the song into my ear, resting my head against his shoulder.

"I never thought I'd actually like slow dancing." he admitted quietly, lifting his head to look around the room again. "The things I do for you."

I leaned back in his arms, which tightened as I pulled away to be able to look him in the eyes. I saw the ever-familiar fascinated look light his eyes up, a small smile tugging onto his lips.

"Why do you always look at me like that?" I questioned, nearly blurting it out.

It was something I'd been curious about for a while. I definitely wasn't complaining but it was interesting and slightly confusing that he looked at me like I meant the world to him.

"Like what?"

"Like I'm the most fascinating thing on this earth."

"Well, you are." he replied simply, as if his words didn't carry all the meaning they did.

"Why?"

"You're different. You're the nicest person I've ever met and you put up with everything I've put you through."

I opened my mouth to tell him once again that it wasn't his fault but he started speaking before I could say anything.

"You're one of a kind. You're easily the most amazing person that I'll ever meet. And I'm not letting that go." His eyebrows furrowed as he leaned his forehead against mine, seeming to think about something. "I'm not letting you go." he corrected, nodding his head slightly.

I had plently of responses floating around in my head, like the typical "you don't have to" or "I'll always be here for you." But for some reason, I found myself pressing my lips to his in a silent way of saying I felt the same about him.

"That was really cheesy, wasn't it?" he muttered, making another smile spread onto my lips.

"Completely and totally cheesy. But I loved it."

Sophie's POV

"You know, I'm really glad you asked my dad about this. It meant a lot to him." I told Scott as he led the way into the gym.

"I just thought it'd be respectful to ask him. And I don't want you to have to choose between your parents and me. Ever."

"Well, thank you. You'll probably never know how big of a deal that was to him. And me."

"Does that mean you'll dance with me?"

"Of course I will." I took his extended hand, letting him pull me into the crowd as a slower song began playing.

I felt his arms going around my waist, pulling me closer as he sent me a quick smile. I threw my arms around his neck, my hand loosely grabbing onto my other arm as I rested my head against his jaw.

"You know, when I first met you, I never thought a few months later I'd be dancing with you at the winter formal." he whispered into my ear, his lips pressing a kiss to my forehead.

"Why not?"

"Because you're you. You're easily the most beautiful girl I've ever seen and I'm just the awkward kid that sits in the back of the class."

"You're also an incredibly sweet and extremely attractive young man." I added, looking up at him as he grinned, his entire face lighting up.

He pressed another kiss to the same spot, his arms tightening and pulling me even closer.

"And besides, I like awkward."

"Really?"

"I love it."

"Does that mean you love me?" he hinted, already knowing the answer but simply wanting to hear it again.

"I do. I love you. So much more than I ever thought I'd love anyone."

His smile widened as he dipped his head to press his lips to mine. He kept his eyes shut, his nose still bumping into mine as he took in a deep breath.

"I love you too."

Erica's POV

"You can slow dance?" I questioned, giving him a look that showed I wasn't convinced.

"Of course I can. I'm more than flailing limbs. Come on, I'll show you." He grabbed my hand, pulling me out to where everyone else was dancing.

He wrapped his arms around my waist as mine went around his neck, still unsure if he could pull it off or not.

He let his head fall down to rest next to mine as I focused in on his heartbeat, hearing it pick up slightly before calming down.

"See?" he murmured, making me let out a laugh.

"We were almost having a moment. Almost."

"Let's just face it, we'll never have a moment."

"I'm ok with that. I don't need a relationship like Sophie and Scott's or Isaac and Laila's. Ours is perfect."

"Oh my God, I think we're having a moment."

"Not if you point it out. That's like rule number one, you can't point it out right away."

"Alright, alright, keep going, I won't say anything else."

"Well, now's it's ruined." I pointed out, a smile pulling its way onto my face.

"Well, if you go around saying it's ruined, then yeah, that's gonna ruin it!" he snapped as I could feel his head move against mine.

"Then stop ruining the moments."

"I don't ruin them, you do."

"When have I ever ruined one?"

"Just an hour ago! You called me adorable."

"Because you are."

"I'm not. No calling me adorable. Ever."

"You're adorable when you're angry." I teased, just to annoy him.

"Well, you're adorable too then."

"Is that supposed to be an insult?"

"Well, no-ye-I'm done with this conversation."

Author's Note:

Some couple moments in this one! What do you think will happen next?

I'll see you in my next chapter. BYEEEEE!!!