Howl

Sophie's POV

"Has anyone seen Derek?" Isaac asked as Scott and I walked into the loft.

Stiles and Erica were already there, leaned against the couch with their arms folded over their chests. Isaac was stood by the table by the windows, looking around for something.

"No. Not since the other night." I answered, pulling my phone out of my pocket to try and call the missing werewolf.

"Satomi's pack said they heard fighting up here last night. By the time they'd gotten up here, it was empty. We think someone took Derek."

"Took Derek? How does someone just take an Alpha?"

"I don't know. But I think he's in trouble."

"Ok, let's say he is missing. How do we find him?"

"The same way we found Laila and Lydia. Scent."

"Has anyone tried calling him?"

"No, none of us thought of that, Sophie, you're a genius." Stiles snapped sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

"What about Bryn? When was the last time she saw him?"

"Bryn's gone too." Isaac informed, turning to look at me.

"Ok, you guys go get a grip on Derek's scent, I guess. Stiles and I can drive in the Jeep."

"Wait." Scott called as Isaac and Erica started for the stairs to get something of Derek's. "It could take hours to find him by scent, if we find him at all. And it rained last night, that might've washed out the scents."

"You're right. So, what do we do?" I questioned, my eyebrows furrowing.

"How else would wolves find each other?"

"Howling." I muttered, my eyes widening. "Scott, you're a genius. One of you can howl and Derek will respond."

"I'll do it. You guys stay here, maybe go try asking Satomi's pack if they saw or heard anything else."

Scott grabbed my hand, pulling me with him up to the roof. He took a deep breath, his fingers tightening around mine.

"Ok. What do I do?"

"You howl."

"What if he doesn't hear me? What if he's already dead?" I knew by the way his fingers seemed to be nearly crushing mine, he was nervous.

"Scott, look at me." I grabbed his chin with my free hand, stepping to the side so I could be in front of him. "You can do this."

He nodded his head, his hands moving to my arms so he could move me away from him. He walked over to the edge of the roof, his breathing getting heavier.

I silently watched as he opened his mouth, letting out a deep, thundering howl. I cringed at its volume, feeling an odd sense of pride.

I wrapped my arms around myself, shivering in the cold breeze. I squinted my eyes as I noticed his golden ones began to change color.

The golden color was slowly being overtaken by an orange color, soon shifting into red.

Scott stepped back, his face and eye color returning to normal. My attention returned to the task at hand, both of us waiting and hoping for another howl.

Rain began to hit the roof all around us, replacing the sound we'd been hoping for.

"It didn't work." he muttered, disappointment clear in his voice.

"It doesn't make sense."

He sighed, turning to walk back into the loft when the responsive howl we'd been waiting echoed around us.

After that, he took off, immediately running back into the loft. I chased after him, moving as quickly as I could but still falling a bit behind.

Erica and Isaac had apparently already left, Stiles waiting by the Jeep with an annoyed look on his face.

Scott continued on as I stopped to talk to Stiles, catching my breath again.

"I have no idea where they're going." Stiles pointed out as I put my hands on my hips, watching my boyfriend slowly disappear.

"Neither do I."

"That's just great."

Another car pulled up, screeching to a stop before the driver slowly stepped out. Lydia made her way over to us, Laila following after, obviously confused.

Lydia almost seemed to be in a trance, her hair slowly becoming wet as she hung her head low. She lifted it up as she neared us, her eyes blankly staring at me then Stiles.

She then opened her mouth and let out a terrifying scream, making all of us clap our hands over our ears.

Her shrill scream faded away, her eyes blinking a few times, as if to focus them. She looked around at the loft, glancing back at Laila.

"Lydia?" I called softly, not sure if she was ready to speak.

"I know where they are."

"Who?"

"All of them."

Author's Note:

Derek and Bryn are missing! Where do you think they'll be?

I'll see you in my next chapter. BYEEEE!!!