Green Eyes

Laila's POV

"So, are we gonna talk about the elephant in the room or did you want to just pretend like it didn't happen?" Lydia asked as we were driving down to the store to get some ice cream.

We were having a sleepover and we'd decided that we really wanted some ice cream at one in the morning.

"We can talk about it." I looked over at her for a moment before returning my gaze to the road.

I'd somehow convinced her to let me drive, something that didn't happen a lot.

"Great. So, what were they exactly?"

"Werewolves."

"Right. And what did they want with us?"

"They wanted me. Well, they wanted to be able to use me against Isaac."

"To do what exactly?"

"Isaac said they're a pack of Alphas and they want Derek to join them but he has to kill his old pack first. So, they were hoping that by taking me, or us, they'd be able to drive a wedge between Isaac and Derek."

"Great. So we have Wolf War three going on and now we're apart of it."

"You're not. You don't have to be. I don't either. Isaac doesn't want me involved in any of this."

"Laila, don't be naive. They've already gotten to the point where they're ready to kidnap people. You're still on their radar and as long as you are, I am too."

"So you think they'll still come after us?"

"Definitely. But don't worry. I'll be with you if they do. I'm not going to let my best friend get torn apart by psychotic Alpha werewolves."

"No one's getting torn apart by anyone." I corrected, shooting her a quick smile to show I appreciated her protectiveness.

"I think we should talk to Sophie tomorrow."

"Why?"

"Because, when they were all fighting, she wasn't afraid. And she didn't turn into one of those...things so I'm assuming she's human. She's literally running with the wolves and I want to know how."

"Alright. We can-" I broke off as someone stepped out in front of the car.

I pressed down on the brakes, too late by the sound of the thud and the body flying over the car.

Lydia and I turned to look at each other, both of us wide eyed with our jaws dropped.

"Oh my God. I just hit someone." I quickly got out of the car, not even bothering to turn the car off before running over to the seemingly limp body on the road.

I heard the clicks of Lydia's heels following mine before I knelt down next to the person.

"Lydia, call 911." I ordered, reaching out to shake their shoulder. "Hey. Can you open your eyes for me? Hello? Are you alright?" I tried, not getting a response.

I turned back to look at Lydia, about to ask her why she wasn't calling the police when I felt fingers grab my forearm, something digging into the skin.

I turned to look down at whatever had a hold on me, letting out a gasp of pain. I saw claws buried into my arm, my gaze following the arm down to the person I'd hit. They lifted their head, revealing green eyes and fangs. There was something on her skin, almost like a pattern.

I winced as I pulled my wrist out of her hold, Lydia helping me up as I tried to back away.

"I think now's the time to get in the car." she muttered, not waiting for my response before pulling me back to the car.

She got in the driver's seat this time, immediately pressing down on the gas pedal, the car jolting forward.

"Ok, so what was that?" she asked, her hold on the wheel tightening.

"I don't know. Isaac didn't tell me about that. He said werewolves could have gold, red or blue eyes, not green."

"Well, I think we should go talk to your little boyfriend."

"I don't know where he lives." I admitted quietly, already knowing what her reaction would be.

"You two are practically attached at the hip and you don't even know where he lives?"

"It never came up."

"Call him then. Because right now, that thing out there is chasing after us." she pointed out, making me look in the mirror to see that there definitely was something running after the car.

I scrambled for my phone, feeling my arm protest but ignoring it. I called Isaac, tapping my finger against the phone as I waited for him to answer. It took a couple rings but eventually he answered with a groggy voice.

"Hello?"

"Isaac? Um, it's a really long story, but Lydia and I bumped into some supernatural creature and we need to know where you live because whatever it is, it's not very happy."

"Hold on. Where are you?"

"We were on our way to the store but I'm pretty sure we've passed that. I don't know the exact location, we're in the middle of nowhere right now."

"Ok, stay where you are. I'll come over."

"That's not really an option. It's kind of chasing the car."

"Alright, um, it's a loft." He gave me the directions, ordering me to stay on the phone as he pretty much guided us to the large building.

When we got there, he was already standing outside, Erica and Derek behind him. We got out of the car, nearly running over to them.

"You're bleeding. Why are you bleeding?" he immediately asked, his eyes flying down to my injured arm.

"It all happened so fast. I hit her with my car on accident and then we got out to check on her and she grabbed my arm and she had claws and her eyes were green. You didn't tell me about green eyes!" I rambled, feeling the situation sink in.

"Green eyes?"

"Yeah, like yours. And she had this weird pattern on her skin."

"What kind of pattern?"

"I don't know, it was dark."

"Alright, we'll look for her. You should get to the hospital. We can say you got scratched by a dog or something."

Before anyone could say anything else, I heard the sound of a loud growl. Lydia grabbed my uninjured arm as Isaac pushed me behind him.

Something stepped out from behind the car, the girl from earlier. Derek stepped forward as well, his head tilted.

"Kate?"

Author's Note:

So, Laila and Lydia hit Kate with their car! What do you think will happen next?

I'll see you in my next chapter. BYEEEE!!!!