Later

Laila's POV

"So you know her?" Lydia questioned as Derek ushered everyone into the loft.

That woman, Kate, had only smiled at Derek then left.

"You never heard the story of the Hales?" Erica nearly scoffed, folding her arms across her chest.

"I know their house burnt down."

"Did anyone ever tell you how?"

"I never asked."

"A woman named Kate Argent burned down their house. To the public, it was because she was insane but to us, she was a hunter. And Derek's family were werewolves. At least, most of them."

"Kate Argent. I remember that name. I heard about it on the news. But, they found her body. Her dead body." I added, looking at Isaac for an answer.

"Werewolves, Alphas and now ghosts? Is there anything normal in this town?" Lydia snapped, a frustrated sigh following the words. "I think we should leave. Laila, come on."

"No! Kate could still be out there and she's already hurt Laila." Isaac quickly objected, his hand reaching out to gently grasp my hand.

"Exactly, she should be taken to the hospital. She's losing blood as we speak."

"I'm fine." I tried, of course being ignored.

"We can take her to Deaton. That way we don't have to deal with an actual hospital." Erica suggested, shrugging her shoulder. "Lydia's right. She's losing blood and she can't heal as quickly as we can. You should take her to Deaton before she loses too much."

"What if Kate follows us?" Isaac pointed out, his grip on my hand tightening.

"We'll distract her. You two just need to go. Before we run out of time."

Isaac sighed before looking over at me. "Do you think you'll make it to Deaton's?"

"I'm ok. Really." I repeated, this time louder in a hope he'd listen.

"Why don't we just take her to a hospital? She needs a doctor, not a vet." Lydia argued, her hand grabbing my free one.

"Do you want to have to come up with a story of how she has inch deep claw marks on her arm?" Erica asked, glaring at Lydia, who returned the cold look.

"If you're that lazy, then yes, I'll come up with something. And Isaac, I'm starting to rethink you. You were about to let your girlfriend, my best friend, go to a vet who probably doesn't even know how to thread a needle, instead of trained doctors and nurses because you didn't want to have to come up with a lie on how she got them."

"Deaton's saved all of our lives. Did you see Sophie's dad? He had claw marks from his shoulder to his hip and Deaton helped him." Erica defended as Isaac and I looked at each other, trying to figure out what we wanted to do.

"And where is he now? If Deaton's as good as you're saying he is, why is Sophie's dad still down?"

"Um, guys?" I muttered, trying to stop the arguement between my best friend and my boyfriend's best friend.

"He lost a lot of blood. And if we don't hurry up, Laila will be in the same position."

"Not if we get her to a hospital."

"Guys?" I tried again, this time louder.

"It's too risky. What if your answers don't match up and someone catches on?"

"I'll plan it out. It'll be fine."

"Guys?" I wiggled my hand in Lydia's hold, attempting to get her attention.

She ignored it, although Isaac noticed.

"Hey!" he said sternly, making both Lydia and Erica stop talking and turn to him. "Laila's trying to say something."

"I'll go to Deaton. If you guys trust him then I should too."

"Laila, don't be an idiot just because you want to impress your boyfriend. I'm taking you to the hospital, end of story." Lydia quickly dismissed, rolling her eyes.

"Maybe Deaton will know something about Kate." Derek spoke for the first time since he'd seen her, looking up from the ground.

"What if he messes up?" Lydia turned to me now, apparently giving up on trying and failing to convince the others.

"He's a vet. He has medical training. And plus, he does Prada's checkups."

"Yeah, but Prada's a dog. And besides, it's like two in the morning. He won't even be open right now."

"Actually, he will. He's been monitoring Sophie's dad since he went in. He'll be there." Erica corrected, a smug smirk growing on her face.

"I'm going to Deaton's. Whoever wants to join me is more than free to. Lydia, I'd really like to have you there." I decided, squeezing her fingers.

"You idiot. I'll drive."

Sophie's POV

"Maybe you should get some rest." Deaton suggested, coming in to check on my dad.

I was sat in a chair next to his bed, my chin rested on my folded arms and my phone in my hand.

"What if he wakes up?" I murmured, not having the energy to speak louder.

"Then I'll wake you up too. Go on. Scott's been sleeping on the couch in the office. He looked cold."

I didn't respond, only forcing myself to get up. I gave my dad one last look, leaning down to kiss his cheek before dragging myself outside. I saw Scott sprawled out on the couch in Deaton's office, Stiles awkwardly sat in a chair next to him.

I silently dropped down next to Scott, resting my head against his chest. He shifted over to make room, his arms wrapping around my waist.

I was just beginning to fall asleep when I heard banging on the door. We all woke up from it, Stiles nearly kicking Scott in the face as he opened his eyes wide, clumsily trying to get up.

I leaned against Scott for support as we walked out to see who was here. I woke up fully when I saw a bleeding Laila talking to Deaton, Isaac and Lydia not far behind her.

"What happened?" Scott asked, stepping towards her.

Isaac opened his mouth to respond but paused when Deaton began to lead Laila down the hall.

"Later." I confirmed, nodding him on.

He quickly turned and caught up with them, his hand reaching out rest on Laila's back. I rubbed Scott's arm before turning and walking back over to the couch.

He followed me over, laying back down. I took my old spot back, feeling him press a kiss to the top of my head. His hand reached up to stroke my hair, his fingers playing with the strands. My eyes shut again as I felt Scott's hand slow, eventually falling limp.

Author's Note:

What do you think of Kate's arrival?

I'll see you in my next chapter. BYEEEEEE!!!