Date

Sophie's POV

It's been a week since I moved to Beacon Hills and so far, so good. This is the first time in over three years I have stayed in one town for over two weeks. And it felt amazing.

Scott and I grew closer and closer and we were the best of friends. He and Stiles picked me up and dropped me off every day since my parents were busy working and didn't mind.

And then it started going downhill. They found a dead body in the woods and of course, being the idiots they were, Scott and Stiles went to check it out.

Scott came back with a bite. And then, he started the shift.

It was obvious. He was starting to lose control of his temper and he lashed out at Stiles the other day. Scott and Stiles soon put two and two together and realized Scott was a werewolf. They had told me and I had to play the role of any other teenager and pretend to laugh at them before eventually believing them.

"Hey Soph." a voice greeted as I continued sketching.

We'd gotten a great grade on the project but I still enjoyed drawing.

"Hi Scott." I quickly hid the picture in my bag and patted the seat next to me.

I was in the library, "studying" for a test, which was just an excuse to sit and draw.

"What're you doing here?" he questioned, sitting down.

"Just studying."

"Doesn't seem like it."

"Yeah, I got bored. Um, what's up?"

"I have a question for you." I could almost hear his heart pounding faster as I watched his hands clench his shirt and play with it.

"Go for it."

"Will...will you go out...with me...like...on a....date?" he stuttered, turning red. "I-I mean, you can say no, if you want to. It was stupid, never mind."

"Wait! Are you already dumping me, McCall? Don't you want to hear my answer?" I joked as he stood up, fumbling with his bag.

He gulped and nodded. I stood up as well, stepping closer to him.

"Pick me up tomorrow at eight."

I couldn't help but laugh at his shocked expression as I grabbed my bag. I kissed his cheek before leaving.

Scott's POV

"So, you're gonna treat my daughter like a princess, right?" her father asked, giving me a stern look .

"Yes sir."

"Greg, leave the boy alone. He's obviously very sweet or Sophie wouldn't waste her time. But she's wasting ours right now. Sophie!" her mom called, sighing.

"It's fine. She likes to have a dramatic entrance." I teased with a newfound confidence.

I wanted, no, I needed them to like me. I had watched so many people pull their girlfriends away from their parents and they're all single now. I didn't want to risk losing Sophie, no matter what.

"I'm coming! Just a second!" her voice yelled back, the sound of rustling following her words.

"So, Mr. Grey, how's work going? I know you guys have been very busy lately." I asked, trying to make small talk.

"It's fine. It brings the money in. Do you know what you'll do once you graduate high school?"

"I've been thinking about a few things."

"Well, don't rush yourself. You still have another year. Enjoy it." Mrs. Grey smiled and patted my back.

"Ok, ok, I'm so sorry. I could not find my phone for the life of me and then some random person called me and it was just a big mess. Hi." Sophie rambled as she rushed down the stairs.

My jaw dropped as I stared at her. How was I about to go out with this beautiful person?

"You look...amazing." I managed to get out, still in shock.

She gave me a small smile before turning to her mom. "Um, mom, dad, I'll see you later. We shouldn't be home too late." She gave her parents a quick hug then started pulling me towards the door.

"Have her back before midnight. It's the weekend, so don't get used to it being so late. Normally it's ten." Mr. Grey lectured as Sophie attempted to get me out of the house.

"Yes sir. I'll have her back in a few hours." I smiled at him and extended my hand, jumping a little when he squeezed my hand extra tight.

"You better."

"You can trust me, sir." I held my hand out to Mrs. Grey but she pulled me into a hug instead.

"Stop being so formal, Scott! You're already like another member of the family."

"I'll try, Mrs. Grey."

"No, I told you to call me Khloe."

"Mrs. Khloe then."

"Your mother raised your right." She patted my cheek and then we turned to leave but not before Mrs. Grey grabbed Sophie and whispered something in her ear, something I wasn't meant to hear but being a werewolf did have its perks. "I like him. Don't let him go."

"I am so sorry about them. They're going crazy because this is actually my first date. Ever. And I shouldn't have told you that. Now you're going to think I'm weird." Sophie ran her fingers through her long blond hair, biting her lip on a grimace.

"Soph, calm down. If it helps, it's my first date too. And you're not weird, you're different. I like it."

"You always know what to say, Scott." She wrapped her arms around me and gave me a small squeeze before we continued walking down the driveway.

"I thought you didn't have a car." she murmured as I opened the door for her.

"I don't. This belongs to my mom but she's not working tonight and she was in a good mood so she decided to hand over the keys. She wants to meet you, by the way. She already wants to know everything about you, I think she'll like you. Maybe even more than I do." I mumbled under my breath as I started the car.

"Oh, so you're saying you like me? Are we talking about like or like like?" she teased, smiling as a laugh escaped her lips.

"What are we, in fifth grade? And if you must know, I like like you."

"Good. Because I like like you too."

Author's Note:

The next chapter will be the date!!

I will see you boogles in my next chapter. BYEE!