Research

Scott's POV

"So let me get this straight. Your mother knows I'm a werewolf, doesn't care because she thinks we'll end up breaking up on our own." I parroted as Sophie placed kisses on my jaw.

"Don't forget the travelling around Europe all summer."

"You'll come back." I smiled widely, trailing my fingers up and down her spine.

"We don't know that yet."

"We don't know if your parents will." I pushed myself onto my elbow, looking down at her as my smile widened. "But I know you will."

"What if my parents don't allow it?"

"You'll be turning seventeen soon, eighteen isn't that far away. You'll be an adult, they can't control you after that. I can wait a year or two."

"I don't want you to have to wait."

"Soph, you've been through so much because of me. I can handle a bit of waiting." I leaned down to press my lips to hers, moving her hair back. "You're worth the wait."

"And what if you meet another girl? What if you fall in love?"

"I already have." I slid my hand to her necklace, running my thumb along the shape of the S pendant hanging on it.

She smiled, a laugh escaping her throat as she rolled her eyes. "With someone else you dork."

"Why would I do that when I have a beautiful woman in my arms, calling me a dork?"

"There are plenty of beautiful women." Her smile faded, her eyes moving to her palm. "Women who don't come with problems."

"Hey." I tilted her chin up, making her look back up at me. "I love you. I come with my own list of problems if you haven't noticed. Every full moon, there's a potential I could rip you apart. I need a lot of tutoring in just about everything, I suck at cooking, I'm still saving up for a motorcycle, I-"

She cut off with another kiss, laughing into it. "I hallucinate and constantly have nightmares that end in the entire block calling the police. I'm apparently not human according to Stiles, I have hunters for parents and I still have an essay to write that's due in a week."

"So we're not perfect. But perfect is boring."

Stiles's POV

"Remind me again why I keep agreeing to come when I know you'll spend your time with your nose in a book." Erica snapped, shutting my laptop.

"Because you love and adore me and would do absolutely anything for me, including sitting around staring at my back." I mumbled, flipping the page.

"That's pushing it a bit."

"I'd like to think my back's not that bad."

"It isn't when it isn't the only thing I see."

"Are you gonna help me or not?"

"Why are you so obsessed with this? Who cares if she isn't human, as long as she isn't trying to kill us, does it matter?"

"Because what if she does try? You've seen it before, she has no idea what she's doing. What if she goes into one of those modes and tries, or worse succeeds, to kill someone? What if she goes after Scott? She's done it before, she tried to kill him."

"You still don't trust her, do you?"

I sighed, letting my pencil drop onto the desk. "It's not that I don't trust her."

"You don't trust her near Scott."

"It's just...I've seen what she can do, okay? She can hold her own against an Alpha, she seems to know everything supernatural ever, she can outsmart us, she knows our weaknesses, she-"

"Stiles, she's on our side. She's part of our pack, just like you are."

"Yeah but I don't carry around a dagger in my boot at all times. She's different, she's something."

"And what is that something?"

"I don't know. But I'm gonna find out."

Laila's POV

"So she's okay?" Lydia asked again, looking through the clothing rack.

"She's fine, there's a bit of tension but she's fine."

"Tension?"

"Erica was complaining to Isaac about Stiles has been looking for whatever Sophie is like crazy. I don't think Stiles fully trusts Sophie yet."

"Why would he?"

"What do you mean?"

"The girl mysteriously shows up out of nowhere and then all of these things start happening in Beacon Hills? That's some reason to be suspicious."

"It's not her fault."

"You said she was from a famous hunting family right? That'll bring people in."

"She can't help who her family is. What if that was me? Would you point fingers?"

"I'm not pointing anything. I'm just saying we should do our research. Thoroughly."

Author's Note:

Do you think Sophie is human?? What do you think will happen next?

I'll see you in my next chapter. BYEEE!!!