Batter

Sophie's POV

"Sophie!" I heard a voice call as I jogged down the stairs in the morning. I walked into the kitchen, seeing my parents sitting around the counter, drinking coffee. 

"Going somewhere?" my mother questioned, eyeing my bag.

"I was going to go study with Scott."

"Oh well, when will you be back?"

"Few hours, I don't know. Why?" I leaned against the wall, folding my arms across my chest.

"I was hoping you would want to go shopping or something but it's fine. Another day."

"Um, you know, I can just call Scott and tell him I'll be over later. I'm sure he would love to sleep in."

She smiled before nodding. "If you want to, then I'd love that. Just let me get changed and we can go."

I texted Scott to explain, sitting down next to my dad as I set my bag down on the counter. 

"How's Scott?" he asked, staring down into his cup.

"He's fine."

"Still playing lacrosse?"

"Mm-hmm. Maybe you can come to the next game." I said quietly, looking over at him.

"When is it?"

"Friday."

"Maybe."

I smiled up at him as my mom came back down the stairs. I leaned over to quickly kiss his cheek before getting up to join her. We called our goodbyes before walking out to the car.

"It's been a while since we had a girls' day." she pointed out as we got in.

"Yeah. A long time."

"So where do you want to go?"

"Anywhere, it doesn't matter to me."

She pursed her lips, tapping her fingers on the wheel. "Lunch?"

"Sure."

"You know, I really am happy we're doing this."

"Me too."

Erica's POV

"Good morning, Mr. Stilinski." I greeted as I flipped the pancake over.

"Morning. Where's Stiles?"

"Still asleep. Do you want some pancakes?"

"I'd love some."

He sat down while I put a few of the ready pancakes onto a plate, handing them to him. I turned back around to start the next batch as he took a bite of one.

"These are really good."

"Thank you."

I continued cooking pancakes as Mr. Stilinski and I lightly chatted. Eventually, Stiles came downstairs, yawning as he stretched his arms out.

"Are those pancakes?"

"Yep."

"Well, I should get getting. Thanks for the breakfast, Erica." Mr. Stilinski stood up, walking his dishes over to the sink.

"Where are you going?" Stiles asked, jumping up to sit on the counter.

"Work. I have a busy day."

"Goodbye!" I called as he left the room, Stiles muttering a goodbye as well. "Would you get off the counter?"

"No, I'm comfortable."