Happy

Isaac's POV

"So where to first?" Laila asked as we finally made it into the zoo.

"I wanted to see the elephants." Mary muttered, looking down at the map.

"I wanted to see the reptiles."

Mary's eyes flickered over to me then to Laila before a smile formed on her lips. "Why don't we split up? We can meet up for lunch in an hour or so."

Laila pursed her lips before nodding, looking over at me. "Is that ok with you?"

"Yeah. Totally fine." I answered, shrugging one of my shoulders.

"Ok. We'll see you later. Have fun." Laila waved to Luke before she started to head towards the reptile house. "Is there anything you want to see in particular?"

"Maybe the bears."

"Have you ever been to this zoo?"

"Not in a long time."

"Yeah, we haven't been here in a while either. But it's a really cool zoo because they only take in injured animals and nurse them back to health." She pulled out the map, looking down at it for a few seconds before turning around. "I think it might be this way actually."

I laughed to myself before continuing to let her lead us to the reptiles. Eventually, we made it, walking into the building.

There were a few people in the dimly lit room, pointing and talking about the different animals. I looked around, not paying attention as Laila continued moving.

I noticed she wasn't by my side, now all the way across the room. I jogged over to her, grabbing her hand before she could move any farther. She looked over, her eyebrows furrowing.

"Sorry." I muttered, letting go of her hand.

She smiled before tangling her fingers with mine again. "Don't be."

I returned the smile as she squeezed my fingers, looking over at the lizard. I glanced down at our intertwined hands, my smile widening before looking back up at her.

Sophie's POV

"What are you doing?" Scott grumbled as I put my hair into a ponytail.

"Going for a run. You're more than welcome to come."

He groaned as he sat up, stretching his arms out. "Why can't we just sleep more?"

"Because it's already noon. Are you coming or staying?"

"I'll come." he said around a yawn, standing up and stretching again.

"Good. I'll give you some time to go get changed and then I'll meet you at the forest?" I started tying my shoe laces, my fingers moving rapidly.

"Are you ok?"

"I'm fine." I stood up, turning around to start cleaning off my desk, my movements still quick.

Scott gently grabbed my arms, making me sigh and place my hands down on the desk. "What's wrong?"

"I'm tired of sitting around. Researching isn't enough, I need to do something else. I need to be ready."

His hand lifted up my chin, his eyes looking into mine. "You'll be alright. I won't let anything hurt you."

"I just need to do this. At least, for me."

He nodded his head, leaning down to press a quick kiss against my lips. "Ok. I'll go get changed."

Laila's POV

"I'm pretty sure it's over here." I directed, holding the map in my free hand as I confusedly looked around.